MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - No video playback

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: No video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had Nightingale for win 8 and loved it, one mof my favortie music programs. And the video playback was decent enough.

But now I'm on unbuntu 12.04 and it plays music just fine but NO video at all. I have all the gstreamer stuff and my files aren't broken. Most of them are mp4 and a few wmv and mpeg.

I get a message saying that it can't find the decoder. But I thought the gstreamer had all that stuff anyway?

Is there anyway around this?
As listed on our wiki page (Wiki: video_codec_support), we can play those Videos under Linux. But unfortunately I haven't figured out yet, what makes playback work under Ubuntu, else the "Setting up GStreamer article" would contain it...
Hello freaktechnik
I found a curious problem.
If I import mp4 "music" on my nightingale , those music will show like "video"
(06-03-2014, 10:03 AM)erikch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello freaktechnik

Yes, this happens because the .mp4 extension is broadly used for videos, while music normally has a file extension like .m4a or similar.

Please open a new thread the next time when asking a new question instead of reviving an old thread.
(06-04-2014, 03:29 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2014, 10:03 AM)erikch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello freaktechnik

Yes, this happens because the .mp4 extension is broadly used for videos, while music normally has a file extension like .m4a or similar.

Please open a new thread the next time when asking a new question instead of reviving an old thread.

thanks, i am migrating my own question to this thread...
http://forum.getnightingale.com/thread-1118.html