MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Process keeps running when closed from exit button

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Process keeps running when closed from exit button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Nightingale player keeps running even after I close it. If there is any song playing, it will continue playing, but even if the song is paused, nightingale process will keep running. I have to go on File > Exit if I want to close it for real.
Is there any way to stop this? I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I have Nightingale pinned on my taskbar so I don't need it.
Running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Nightingale 1.12, Build 0 (20131225205843).
Do you use a build with unity integration? I'm not sure if that's the reason, but it could be, as the sound panel integration allows exactly this behaviour.

Laternatively you have imported a track that could not be read properly and nightingale is stuck in an infinite loop. That should, however only occur the session you imported the track...
I'm not sure. IIRC, I got Nightingale from the apt repository, didn't specified anything. Although when a track changes I get a notification (pic below), not sure if that's Unity integration or a regular feature. Is there any way to check it?
And if it is the default behavior on the build, is there any way to disable it?

[Image: q9dwXkT.png?1?7795]

Thanks for your reply.
This is clearly a build with unity integration. Could you try installing the nightingale-nounity package? If that fixes it, it the unity integration is what caused this issue.
Yep, it worked. Although I kinda liked the notification, is there any way to keep it but remove the closing thing?
Again, thanks for your time and the reply.
1.12.1 will bring separate libnotify intgeration, until then unfortunately not, but 1.12.1 will be relased within the next week.