MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Sound Questions?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Sound Questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this player automatically play 5.1 sound or is there an option I am missing?

Also there is some nifty sound features in JRMedia was wondering if there is some sort of add on for sound stage separation?

Only reason I didn't pull the trigger on JRMedia is 49.99$ is a bit steep for me even if I am a want to be audiophile.
(01-04-2014, 01:47 PM)solduios Wrote: [ -> ]Does this player automatically play 5.1 sound or is there an option I am missing?

We rely on gstreamer. If gstreamer is able to do that, there might be a chance that 5.1 works out of the box. However, I don't have any 5.1 material nor hardware to test. Can you test if it works?

(01-04-2014, 01:47 PM)solduios Wrote: [ -> ]Also there is some nifty sound features in JRMedia was wondering if there is some sort of add on for sound stage separation?
Never even heared the name. So I think no, but can you explain what feature you're missing?
(01-05-2014, 08:37 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2014, 01:47 PM)solduios Wrote: [ -> ]Does this player automatically play 5.1 sound or is there an option I am missing?

We rely on gstreamer. If gstreamer is able to do that, there might be a chance that 5.1 works out of the box. However, I don't have any 5.1 material nor hardware to test. Can you test if it works?

(01-04-2014, 01:47 PM)solduios Wrote: [ -> ]Also there is some nifty sound features in JRMedia was wondering if there is some sort of add on for sound stage separation?
Never even heared the name. So I think no, but can you explain what feature you're missing?

Looking into Gstreamer it is a linux thingy and seems questionable about 5.1 sound .. using the player on windows atm with speakers set to 5.1

The stage sound separation is thing isnt a huge issue more a a cool thing that helps distinguish different instrument sounds. Not how it works but it almost as if you can hear each instrument in the track and hear exactly what it is playing where in some songs it can be hard to tell or they get muddled together. Very hard to explain...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/590377/what-is-soundstage/15
In theory gstreamer supports 5.1, however I do not know if our audiopipe supports 5.1 and we bundle all required encoders on windopws to play 5.1 files, I cannot say if ngale actually uses all 6 speakers. Sadly I can't test this anymore either.

IT's highly likely that we playback with only 2 channels though. You'd have to test with soemthing like http://www.lynnepublishing.com/surround/...d_test.ac3
(01-09-2014, 02:13 AM)solduios Wrote: [ -> ]The stage sound separation is thing isnt a huge issue more a a cool thing that helps distinguish different instrument sounds. Not how it works but it almost as if you can hear each instrument in the track and hear exactly what it is playing where in some songs it can be hard to tell or they get muddled together. Very hard to explain...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/590377/what-is-soundstage/15

Doesn't that come naturally if you use proper 5.1 material (with very precise timing on the channels)? How can a player support that?