MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Help with issue #225

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Help with issue #225
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is pretty much ready, just have to figure out the last issue listed, which is to check/uncheck the user selected preferences when they are loaded.

Other than that I'm going to redo the comments to explain better what is going on, and also clean up all the trash I left laying around. Wink I'll post back and update my remote branch when it is all said and done.
The commit should now be live on my remote server. This is a complete list of what should be expected:
  • The user first selects what tags are displayed in the advanced tab
  • the same list is used to populate the advance tab by default everytime that it is opened
  • Everytime the user changes his selection, the list will be updated
  • this includes seperate lists for audio and video items

See the comments in the commit for some of the questions that I had. Thanks for any help.
There was a new patch pushed to this branch. Thanks to the help of thebecwar.

There is a question that I have on the user of the global variable to keep track of the current media item's content type.

There was also another question, stating that if we should allow the advance tab to display tags that are already displayed in the default tab. My answer would be yes, because:

Lets say, a user decides to mass edit multiple tracks. If he wants to edit the artist name and the keyword tags, he will first have to edit the artist name under the default tab. He will then have to switch to the advanced tab to edit the keyword tag.

If we allow the tags that were displayed in the default tab, to be displayed in the advanced tab, then the user would only need the advanced tab to edit both the artists name and keyword.

The only true differences between the current setup is this. The current metadata editor allows you to only edit those tags that are supported by ID3v2. The advanced tab, allows you to extend those capabilities to nightingale only tags like keyword. Both need to be kept since there are some users that like to use the nightingale only tags.
https://github.com/luisgmarine/nightinga...aEditorXUL

Still a work in progress. Busy at school this semester ...
Below is my latest commit. Any suggestions or comments on the code?

https://github.com/luisgmarine/nightinga...356f7ddbba

Thanks!
(06-25-2014, 03:28 PM)luisgmarine Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions or comments on the code?

I added some comments of stuff that came into my mind while skipping through. In general, I think that some of the comments are slightly misleading (like "Create an instance of ngales property manager" while you do not create an instance in most cases) or comment trivial stuff ("create a reference to the advance tab's menupopup element"), but the latter is a matter of opinion. Also, why do you scream in "LOAD the advanced tab"? Wink

In general, it seems fine to me. I personally would go for a more object-oriented approach, but your way is fine with me as well.
Quote:I added some comments of stuff that came into my mind while skipping through. In general, I think that some of the comments are slightly misleading (like "Create an instance of ngales property manager" while you do not create an instance in most cases) or comment trivial stuff ("create a reference to the advance tab's menupopup element"), but the latter is a matter of opinion. Also, why do you scream in "LOAD the advanced tab"? Wink

In general, it seems fine to me. I personally would go for a more object-oriented approach, but your way is fine with me as well.

Thanks again for all the help. Now, what are we going to pick as the default tags for the advanced tab? Like I mentioned in one of the comments on the commit, I'm for having the following:
  • Keywords
  • Description
  • Show name
  • Episode Number
  • Season Number
... again this is just to avoid some overlap with the tags that are already in the properties tab. Alternatively, we could just include all the tags that are not in the properties tab. You can click the link below to see a breakdown of all the tags, just look to the second comment made by me.

https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...issues/225
Pages: 1 2