MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - How to import modified metadata?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: How to import modified metadata?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As could not make TagNinja run I used an external program for automatic tagging (MusicBrainz Picard). But I did not find a way to import the modified metadata to the Nightingale database. It still shows the old metadata and uses them for sorting etc. Does anybody know a way?
(12-22-2013, 10:22 PM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]As could not make TagNinja run I used an external program for automatic tagging (MusicBrainz Picard). But I did not find a way to import the modified metadata to the Nightingale database. It still shows the old metadata and uses them for sorting etc. Does anybody know a way?

Nightingale does not watch your files for modifications, thus it cannot detect your changes. Afaik there is no easy way to re-fetch metadata from the file.

Workaround: You can export Nightingale-specific information using the RatingFile add-on. If you changed tags RatingFile uses for matching, enable checksums in the preferences and disable the changed tags for import. Then, remove the changed library entries and re-import both media files and the exported rating file.

If you tag using Nightingale's metadata editing tool, the library and the file tags are updated synchronically.
Hi 'rsjtdrjgfuzkfg',
thank you for your hints. So the general idea is to identify the files by checksum and re-import both ratings and files, is it? I will try.
The other possible option would be if I could use TagNinja and do the tagging inside Nightingale. But as I wrote in another thread I installed TagNinja but cannot see any menu-item or button to use it. Do you also know something about this?
(12-23-2013, 04:28 AM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]The other possible option would be if I could use TagNinja and do the tagging inside Nightingale. But as I wrote in another thread I installed TagNinja but cannot see any menu-item or button to use it. Do you also know something about this?

I never used it, but did you read freaktechnik's reply?
(12-24-2013, 12:55 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2013, 04:28 AM)Lupo Wrote: [ -> ]The other possible option would be if I could use TagNinja and do the tagging inside Nightingale. But as I wrote in another thread I installed TagNinja but cannot see any menu-item or button to use it. Do you also know something about this?

I never used it, but did you read freaktechnik's reply?
I found it. Thank you very much again!