MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nomalization?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nomalization?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded nightingale mostly as I believed that replay gain was implemented in the UI?
But I can't even find how to level tracks through the interface?
Under Tools>Options>Playback>Levelling I find the track/album, but surely this is just playback? How do I perform Levelling.

I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but web/forum searches seem to yield nothing, so help deffo appreciated.
Do you want to save it to the file? As normalization is normally just performed for playback.
Or are you searching for a different normalization method?
That's why I'd specifically want a player that can normalise, with replay gain, as this is non does not alter files, analysing the files volume, saving the info to the tag, so that when synced to any of my devices, that file will play back with levelled volume, as well as in the player.
From what I've seen in the mediacore code (https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...iacore.cpp ), it uses replay gain as the normalization method, however, there is no reference of it being loaded or written to the file, sorry.
EDIT: hold on a sec, maybe the replayGain object does some wizzardry. Let me venture out into the internet and find out!
EDIT2: I fought through the wild and landed somewhere on the ubuntu forums. It seems, that those tags will not be written for sure, as this would need to passes on the file. Further, gstreamer does not write any tags at all. It also shouldn't, since writing metadata is controlled by a preference. If it reads the tag I do not know yet, but I would guess not.
EDIT3: It respects the replaygain tags and limits according to those. Nightingale uses the rgvolume object to limit tracks, which respects the replayGain tracks. I am not sure what happens, if there are no tags set, according to the documentation, it uses a fallback gain.

I hope this answers what you were looking for.
(12-09-2013, 03:16 AM)blanko70 Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I'd specifically want a player that can normalise, with replay gain, as this is non does not alter files, analysing the files volume, saving the info to the tag, so that when synced to any of my devices, that file will play back with levelled volume, as well as in the player.

Additionally to freaktechniks comment, if you wish to do let Nightingale write the normalization tag, you could write an add-on executing a shell command on each file or something like that, depending on when you want the normalization information to be generated. If you don't want to code that by yourself, you may as well fill an add-on suggestion; maybe someone picks it up.