MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Rearrange columns in the main window pane

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Rearrange columns in the main window pane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every once in a while I do something that allows me to move a column, but I haven't figured out what that is.

I've tried everything I can think of, and rearranging the columns is something I haven't figured out.

This is on OS X.

What key / mouse combinations does it take to move a column?

Thanks,

Eric
To move columns you just click on their heading and drag. The column won't move instantly but there will be a line showing where the column will move to when you release the left mouse button.
(11-24-2013, 06:41 PM)Ezekiel000 Wrote: [ -> ]To move columns you just click on their heading and drag. The column won't move instantly but there will be a line showing where the column will move to when you release the left mouse button.

I have seen that behavior occasionally. But usually when I click on a heading the mouse will no longer move and if it does nothing happens. The click just toggles the sort order.
Your problem might be OSX specific or it could be a problem with the latest version (I still run 1.11 on linux).
ilikenwf or GeekShadow might be able to help you.
This works for me both on windows and linux running 1.12. The marker showing the insertion point isn't very visible, but it is definitely there.
(11-25-2013, 02:18 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]This works for me both on windows and linux running 1.12. The marker showing the insertion point isn't very visible, but it is definitely there.

Yep. It works fine for me on linux. It's just really tempermental on OS X.
I've looked at keybings that might conflict but haven't found anything that could
explain why it doesn't work like it should.
Is rearranging those columnheaders a builtin function in OS X? Since those should just be reskinned native widgets. However it is possible that there are breaking functions on them from either XULR or ngale.
(11-26-2013, 08:10 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Is rearranging those columnheaders a builtin function in OS X? Since those should just be reskinned native widgets. However it is possible that there are breaking functions on them from either XULR or ngale.

Yea, it's a pretty normal thing.

Something strange is that they work fine in the tree view of my tangoinfo extension.
Click 'info' on an album for some artist, then 'view tracks' to get to the tree.

I can grab columns and drop them wherever I want. It just doesn't work in the main window.

Songbird works the same way.