MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Last.fm scrobbeler not working on OS X

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Last.fm scrobbeler not working on OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had problems with the play count in the first version of Nightingale that I downloaded. After reading the forums I downloaded a nightly (Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2453 (20130812225850)) and now play count seems to be working OK, but the Last.FM scrobbeling add-on is not working anymore. I'm on OS X 10.8.5

Any clues on how to get it back?

p.s. Also Last.FM sidebar is not working anymore, but I'm guessing that's because Last.FM scrobbeling isn't working.
Try a last.fm extension build from a recent nightly. It's the file with audioscrobbler in the name here.
Aha! That works.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I didn't want to create a new topic as I think I am experience the same issue.

Mac OSX-(was Mountain Lion, but upgraded yesterday to Mavericks) same on both versions.

Last.FM audioscrobbler-1.0.10pre.2453.xpi on Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2453 (20130812225850)

The tracks do not show up at all as being scrobbled, or they are sometime there, but disappear.

Also, if I log out of the scrobbler on Nightingale, it asks me to reauthorize it every time. Each time I log into it, Last.FM prompts me to authorize the scrobbler again.

I am sorry if this has been discussed or resolved before. I have looked through the bugs/wiki/forum and can't find the answer. Please forgive me if the solution is there and I just hadn't found it.

Thanks.
The reauthorization feature is a bug the extension has since a long time, and I have no idea how to work around it.

Honestly, I don't expect the extension to work at all, as it is using an outdated version of the last.fm API and needs an API upgrade asap. I will do that API upgrade after I have done some other things, as it is not my highest priority.
(10-25-2013, 07:23 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]The reauthorization feature is a bug the extension has since a long time, and I have no idea how to work around it.

Honestly, I don't expect the extension to work at all, as it is using an outdated version of the last.fm API and needs an API upgrade asap. I will do that API upgrade after I have done some other things, as it is not my highest priority.

Many thanks. I guess I didn't look hard enough for that info. I appreciate it and thanks for the update!
Just a little update. I think I know what the problem maybe.

There are still times when tracks scrobbled disappear but not that big of a deal. It's probably LastFM in general.

The error I was reporting was mainly affecting Shoutcast radio play. Anytime it's on a Shoutcast radio, the tracks show in Sidebar, but disappear, and using Love/Ban doesn't seem to work on Shoutcast songs.

However, playing music from my library scrobbles/loves fine through the LastFM extension.

I realized now what the deal was. I was only testing it through Shoutcast radio, not my personal library.

So when it comes to Shoutcast tracks, I can use the Sidebar extension and enter the love/ban option manually on LastFM.

Sorry I reported this and hadn't had time to really play around with it. However, the issue seems to be resolved for me regarding this extension.

Thanks again.