MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Can't uninstall Nightingale !!! please help me

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Can't uninstall Nightingale !!! please help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I unpacked Nightingale_1.12-2432_ubuntu-x86_64.tar.bz2 (Ubuntu 13.04) and went ahead with the installation process. Then I ran the program and it closed unexpectedly.
I search in dash, no Nightindale in OS.
Then, I opened my home folder and found that there's a new "device" called "Nightingale_1.12-2432_ubuntu-x86_64.tar.bz2" mounted under the label "Network".

I juts wanna uninstall the god damn thing.
Please help!!!

[attachment=169]

UPDATE:
Should have done this before, but anyway, I rebooted, and the device is now gone. But I search for the program and its nowhere to be found. It seems to have messed yo my Wine configuration as well (don't know why, I downloaded a linux package ...). When I installed it, IT DID OPEN, but for a few seconds and then closed.
Anyway, can't find where it is, and I want to uninstall it.
Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
As you used the tar, you didn't install Nightingale in the first place. Thats why you can't find it anywhere. You just ran it.
Seeing as you're on Ubuntu you would want to use the version from the ppa (ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-release).
(10-14-2013, 04:23 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]As you used the tar, you didn't install Nightingale in the first place. Thats why you can't find it anywhere. You just ran it.
Seeing as you're on Ubuntu you would want to use the version from the ppa (ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-release).

Allright, thanks!
So there's nothing I have to do, right? I mean, even though I went through some sort of installation wizard, there's nothin to remove, am I correct?
There are your profile files in the .nightingale folder in your home folder, else there's nothing Nigjtingale left on your computer.
(10-14-2013, 04:32 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]There are your profile files in the .nightingale folder in your home folder, else there's nothing Nigjtingale left on your computer.

Allright, thanks!