MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - XULRunner upgrade?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: XULRunner upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see there was some discussion a while ago about whether/how to move forward from XULRunner 1.9.2 to a later version (current 24?). It's unclear what the outcome of that discussion was.

Was it decided whether or not you going to:
-stay where you
-upgrade (skipping 20 versions?!)
-start again!

Are there enough developers involved to do any of these things? Does anyone have any idea when will happen if nothing is done?

Regards,

Simon
We are currently working on the first stage of an upgrade of XULRunner. This means we're upgrading to XULR 9. The branch builds, but Nightingale is not fully working with it yet. the second stage is to hopefully upgrade to a more recent version of XULRunner. You can track the changes in our github repo, or look at the userfriendlier overview at the roadmap (altough it might not be accurate of what we'll actually release).

The amount of developers working on the project is increasing, but I have no idea, when we'll have enough developers.
Thanks for the reply - good news.

I think the current javascript version supported in nightingale is 1.8.1 which is higher than the version supported in the last sb version.

Have you been able to upgrade the js engine within the XULRunner version already? Or have I got something wrong?

Simon
The JS engibe is tied into Gecko and XULRunner, so we will have a newer engine for sure. I'm not sure which one exactly, probably a spidermonkey of some sort, ion is a little newer...