MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Why does Nightingale try to access the Internet when switching to the next file?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Why does Nightingale try to access the Internet when switching to the next file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm playing a series of MP3 files from my internal hard drive - not from any network-attached storage, not any streaming services - just my local machine, but every time Nightingale finishes playing one file and starts the next, my firewall alerts me that Nightingale is attempting to connect to the Internet.

As far as I am aware, I have gone through all of the available options to turn OFF all such annoyances as automatic updates, etc., so WHY is Nightingale still trying to phone home (or whatever it is trying to do) at every track change?

I DO have the SHOUTcast Radio, Audio Bookmarks and Directory Browser add-ons installed, but SHOUTcast Radio should only need to access the Internet when I SAY to access the Internet by specifically requesting a radio station and the other two add-ons should NEVER require Internet access, since they deal with strictly local data.

What gives? WHY is Nightingale trying to access the Internet EVERY time it starts playing a new, LOCAL file?

Thank you.
There is an unused metric feature back from Songbird in Nightingale. It logs more or less each action to an inexistent server. It will be removed completely in the next release. If you want it to be gone, try a nightly build, I think it's already removed in these.
Thanks for the quick response. For now, I'm okay with letting the firewall handle it, but I'll keep the nightly builds in mind.

My primary purpose for getting Nightingale is to be able to go through a series of language-learning MP3s in such a way that the player keeps track of where I left off, even if it's in the middle of a lesson. So far, Nightingale with the Audio Bookmarks add-on seems to be doing that well.

Thanks again.