MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Flac Artwork Not Recognised

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Flac Artwork Not Recognised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Great to see you guys are making progress on the Mac issues. Would you recommend I load a new version and try it out, or is it not quite ready yet? If it is worth trying, please provide the link.

Thanks!
(06-30-2014, 12:29 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2014, 01:44 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]Are there other issues with this branch (like metadata writing) that are preventing it from being merged with the main trunk? On a related note, I've never had success writing metadata to media files on the regular Nightingale Mac or Windows builds. I haven't really tried too hard to get it working though, as I usually just do my tag writing with other programs.

It should write tags. For mp3, flac and ogg almost everything, for everything else the basic stuff (title, artist, genre, tracknumber...), as far as supported by the taglib backend (not sure about Apple Lossless).

Just to clarify, you are talking about the main trunk here? If so, I'm betting it was a problem on my end.

(06-30-2014, 08:19 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see you guys are making progress on the Mac issues. Would you recommend I load a new version and try it out, or is it not quite ready yet? If it is worth trying, please provide the link.

Thanks!

I have uploaded the Mac taglib-testing build here. From what I understand in the earlier posts in this thread, tag writing might not work properly in this build, but I haven't had the chance to try it. You might want to make a backup copy of your regular Nightingale profile before using it! Smile
I made some taglib testing builds with a patched TagLib a few days ago if anyone would like to try them:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale/f...2-testing/

We can definitely use some feedback on these builds, as were trying to fix these tagging issues.
Tag editing does not work with this version.
But it does fix the flac artwork problem.

I spent way too much time trying to get the os x version to build.
If I could have, then fixing these problems would have been a priority.
A music player that pretends to edit tags is not very good.

(07-01-2014, 06:13 AM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2014, 12:29 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2014, 01:44 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]Are there other issues with this branch (like metadata writing) that are preventing it from being merged with the main trunk? On a related note, I've never had success writing metadata to media files on the regular Nightingale Mac or Windows builds. I haven't really tried too hard to get it working though, as I usually just do my tag writing with other programs.

It should write tags. For mp3, flac and ogg almost everything, for everything else the basic stuff (title, artist, genre, tracknumber...), as far as supported by the taglib backend (not sure about Apple Lossless).

Just to clarify, you are talking about the main trunk here? If so, I'm betting it was a problem on my end.

(06-30-2014, 08:19 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see you guys are making progress on the Mac issues. Would you recommend I load a new version and try it out, or is it not quite ready yet? If it is worth trying, please provide the link.

Thanks!

I have uploaded the Mac taglib-testing build here. From what I understand in the earlier posts in this thread, tag writing might not work properly in this build, but I haven't had the chance to try it. You might want to make a backup copy of your regular Nightingale profile before using it! Smile
(07-02-2014, 11:00 AM)eagebhart Wrote: [ -> ]Tag editing does not work with this version.
But it does fix the flac artwork problem.

Sorry, you should probably try using the version johnmurrayvi posted after me. I didn't realize before posting that a more recent taglib build was being worked on.
So far so good. I'm using the debug version on OS X. It is very sluggish.

I update 99 records, I don't get the progress bar, but the cursor spins. The visual update happens immediately. But then the wait comes when I randomly get a progress bar, but mostly don't. The selection then deselects. I suspect that is when the file updates are done.

After that, scrolling or reselecting causes more spinning. Eventually it comes back to life. I'm not really sure what it is doing there. It doesn't seem to matter if I edit 100 tracks or 4.

I've updated a number of tags and records both through the metadata viewer and through my trackman plugin which makes it easy to edit a lot of files at once. The edit's are sticking.

I haven't yet done a thorough test of all attributes. But so far so good. It's just painfully sluggish.

(07-01-2014, 08:17 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]I made some taglib testing builds with a patched TagLib a few days ago if anyone would like to try them:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale/f...2-testing/

We can definitely use some feedback on these builds, as were trying to fix these tagging issues.
Ahh, the sluggishness is likely due to all of the extra debugging info built into it... I apparently forgot to set a variable in the windows debug testing builds so it pops up a bunch of windows lol. The release build *should* (hopefully) be much quicker/snappier if you'd like to try that one instead.

I'm glad to hear the edits are sticking!
I'll give the non debug version a try and continue testing.

(07-04-2014, 03:49 PM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, the sluggishness is likely due to all of the extra debugging info built into it... I apparently forgot to set a variable in the windows debug testing builds so it pops up a bunch of windows lol. The release build *should* (hopefully) be much quicker/snappier if you'd like to try that one instead.

Working with the release version everything is working so far and it is a lot snappier.

Album art is not displayed. But I can add album art and it seems to display after that.
The album art is not saved to the flac file. When examining the flac file directly with metaflac the original image is still in the file. The image is saved in the database though because the new image shows up in every version of nightingale I have tried.

I could have sworn artwork was showing in the debug version, but I'm getting the exact same behavior with it, and also with zjay's version which I know was showing artwork at some point.

Using the release version I deleted the library and reimported. Still no change in behavior and of course the artwork I had changed is no longer there.

So far all the edits are working. I have not meticulously tested every attribute and so far I have only tested flac.

On startup it seems to hang on checking compatibility of plugins. I cancelled it and restarted and everything was fine as far as I could tell. I don't have many plugins.

One thing that is annoying is that the selection is de-selected after any edit. This was not the previous behavior. I can see the reasoning behind it in some cases and not others. When the selection changes the location in the view, the selection disappears, like if I'm sorting by album name and I change the name.

(07-05-2014, 09:39 AM)eagebhart Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give the non debug version a try and continue testing.

(07-04-2014, 03:49 PM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, the sluggishness is likely due to all of the extra debugging info built into it... I apparently forgot to set a variable in the windows debug testing builds so it pops up a bunch of windows lol. The release build *should* (hopefully) be much quicker/snappier if you'd like to try that one instead.

Glad to hear the release build is working better (performance wise)!
Huh, that is really bizarre.. I'm going to try to recreate this and see if I can get any clues as to what's happening.

I saw that you had tried to build from source, what OSX version are you running?

(07-12-2014, 02:10 AM)eagebhart Wrote: [ -> ]Working with the release version everything is working so far and it is a lot snappier.

Album art is not displayed. But I can add album art and it seems to display after that.
The album art is not saved to the flac file. When examining the flac file directly with metaflac the original image is still in the file. The image is saved in the database though because the new image shows up in every version of nightingale I have tried.

I could have sworn artwork was showing in the debug version, but I'm getting the exact same behavior with it, and also with zjay's version which I know was showing artwork at some point.

Using the release version I deleted the library and reimported. Still no change in behavior and of course the artwork I had changed is no longer there.

So far all the edits are working. I have not meticulously tested every attribute and so far I have only tested flac.

On startup it seems to hang on checking compatibility of plugins. I cancelled it and restarted and everything was fine as far as I could tell. I don't have many plugins.

One thing that is annoying is that the selection is de-selected after any edit. This was not the previous behavior. I can see the reasoning behind it in some cases and not others. When the selection changes the location in the view, the selection disappears, like if I'm sorting by album name and I change the name.
Pages: 1 2 3 4