MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Flac Artwork Not Recognised

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Flac Artwork Not Recognised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What is involved with doing a Mac build? Is it something a novice can do?
Well, it is possible to do, just bare in mind that it might consume some time until it works. Here our official building instructions for mac: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?id=build:mac
Bare in mind that they are not perfect.
Um, I guess it's not going to happen if anybody is wiating for me to do it.

Is there somebody out there who has worked on Nightingale Mac builds who can do this? Editing metadata and viewing artwork are fairly core user features (IMHO), so re-instating those for FLAC & Mac are pretty important. And if the elements are already there, I'm hoping you (whoever you are) could get this done as a next step. Then Nightingale will be an ideal music manager and player for OSX!
(09-29-2013, 03:51 AM)eagebhart Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone be willing to bulid the mac version with the taglib test branch in it? I would but getting a mac with 10.5 and xcode 3 is proving to be difficult. If somone will build it I will test it.

Is this version capable of editing meta data in mp3, mp4 and flac? - Other than the artwork which I understand is not there yet.

In theory the current version should be able to write metadata, however some specific tags have only a basic support (stuff like title, artist, but more complex fields like albumartist or composer missing).
I need to kick some $ over to this on a bounty.
(09-29-2013, 07:21 PM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it is possible to do, just bare in mind that it might consume some time until it works. Here our official building instructions for mac: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?id=build:mac
Bare in mind that they are not perfect.

I am willing to do it, but getting the prerequisite build environment is difficult.
I would be willing to work on the metadata problems too, if I could get a build process working. But I have OS X 10.7 and Xcode 4.6.3.

Does anyone have any idea what the roadblocks are to using a more recent build environment?

I can give it a try and if I can get a build process working I'll see what I can do about the metadata problems. The tag editing is the only thing keeping me from using Nightingale. I'm stuck with songbird until that works.
(10-02-2013, 12:10 AM)eagebhart Wrote: [ -> ]The tag editing is the only thing keeping me from using Nightingale. I'm stuck with songbird until that works.

What can Songbird do what Nightingale can't in terms of tag editing? Or do you speak of cover art writing?

Cannot help you on the build environment issue on mac, though.
What can Songbird do what Nightingale can't in terms of tag editing? Or do you speak of cover art writing?

[/quote]

It may have changed, but editing of track metadata and writing to the song file was something I had trouble with. I believe the problem was with mp3's or Apple Lossless.

I have since switched almost completely over to flac, which works just fine.

I also find it easier to work on plugins because I use the MR tech plugin to load the xpi. There may be an easier way with nightingale, but I haven't figured that out.
I tried linking to my project directory directly, but that didn't work so I continue to zip, install local xpi through MR tech, and restart to run/test my plugins.

(10-04-2013, 06:35 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]What can Songbird do what Nightingale can't in terms of tag editing? Or do you speak of cover art writing?

I

(10-04-2013, 06:35 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]What can Songbird do what Nightingale can't in terms of tag editing? Or do you speak of cover art writing?

I'm working on a couple of plugins now. When I get them where I want them I'll just dive in and see what I can do about the mac build. It's not the first time I've had to get a build working with a newer version of Xcode/OS X.
FYI, I just made a Mac build using the taglib-testing branch and FLAC album art is loading fine for me (I wasn't sure if anyone had tested this for Mac yet).

Are there other issues with this branch (like metadata writing) that are preventing it from being merged with the main trunk? On a related note, I've never had success writing metadata to media files on the regular Nightingale Mac or Windows builds. I haven't really tried too hard to get it working though, as I usually just do my tag writing with other programs.

Let me know if I can do some other testing while I'm using this build, or if someone wants me to upload it I'd be happy to.
(06-29-2014, 01:44 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]Are there other issues with this branch (like metadata writing) that are preventing it from being merged with the main trunk? On a related note, I've never had success writing metadata to media files on the regular Nightingale Mac or Windows builds. I haven't really tried too hard to get it working though, as I usually just do my tag writing with other programs.

It should write tags. For mp3, flac and ogg almost everything, for everything else the basic stuff (title, artist, genre, tracknumber...), as far as supported by the taglib backend (not sure about Apple Lossless).
Pages: 1 2 3 4