MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Help editing metadata

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Help editing metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, newbie here. I've tried to edit metadata, such as album name and genre, but the changes don't stick. The new info shows up briefly in the media library, but in a second or two reverts to the original. What's going on and how can I fix that?
(08-09-2013, 05:22 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to edit metadata, such as album name and genre, but the changes don't stick. The new info shows up briefly in the media library, but in a second or two reverts to the original.

It should not be that way. What version of Nightingale are you using, what is your operating system (Windows 7, Ubuntu, Arch, ...)? Also, are there any messages in the error console (Tools | Error console)?
I'm running running OSX 10.7.5 and Nightingale 1.12, Build 2432 (20130415130532)

I have this message: "Feathers Metadata Reader: Skipping registration of Feather with skin internal name: 'gonzo' due to undefined or blank skin name."

I'm guessing that Nightingale is somehow overwriting my edits with an automatic metadata lookup, but I can't find how to disable that.
(08-10-2013, 01:08 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running running OSX 10.7.5 and Nightingale 1.12, Build 2432 (20130415130532)

I think I heared of some mac issues... can you try the latest nightly?
I loaded Build 2453 but no change. I did notice that when I set the genre while ripping a new CD, it doesn't seem to change back afterwards, but I can't be sure about that yet.
(08-10-2013, 10:02 AM)MediumRare Wrote: [ -> ]I loaded Build 2453 but no change.

Doesn't seem like I'm able to help you, then. Maybe @ilikenwf can?
Does anybody have any other ideas here? I loaded the 8/9 nightly but still no change. I also have some other errors in my log, so if somebody can help I can send a screen shot.
Hi, me a newbie too.

Using Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 2454 (20140112193356) on OS X 10.6.8 ...

Had the same problem while editing album title and date - the group of titles that I was editing disappeared and reappeared almost instantly.

I found a fix to that behavior.

In Preferences, Media Importer, Watch Folders, uncheck the Automatically watch for changes in the following folder ... check box.

Looks like Nightingale "changes the metadata", then rereads it from the watched folder ...
(01-17-2014, 10:05 PM)romon Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Nightingale "changes the metadata", then rereads it from the watched folder ...

If this is the case, the metadata should update for file types we support metadata writing for. What type of files (mp3, flac, ...) do you have?
Type of file in my case is flac. Original poster didn't mention the type of file he had issues with. I didn't try with mp3.

Again, before I disabled "Automatically watch for changes in the following folder..." my metadata editing was lost - the metadata was returned to its original state -, and as soon as I disabled it, the editing stuck.
Pages: 1 2