MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Update Ubuntu packages

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Update Ubuntu packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to post in this thread, but it's been locked Sad . It seems that the play count issue was fixed on 24 June. However, it seems that the Ubuntu packages were last updated on 16 April. Would it be possible to update the Ubuntu packages to include this bugfix, or are you waiting for a "stable" version?

Cheers.
I'm not sure if we should go through a whole release procedure for a single bugfix.

However you can update your personal Nightingale by building yourself (linux) or by grabbing a nightly (probably without unity integration).

Maybe one of our linux guys can also do an ubuntu testing build with that fix?
Okay, no worries. I'm not really sure how intense the release procedure is, so I just thought I'd ask. (And I'm still on the build from the alternative ppa from before the play count bug.) Is there an advantage to building it myself over downloading a prebuilt binary? (I'm on Kubuntu anyway, so I'm not sure if there is any integration that's relevant.)
there is a ubuntu nightlies ppa, which will always include the latest bugfixes (but sometimes also bugs we created, but that's not that likely.) its ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-nightly and it will be more publicly promoted on the new website.
(08-03-2013, 03:39 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]there is a ubuntu nightlies ppa, which will always include the latest bugfixes (but sometimes also bugs we created, but that's not that likely.) its ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-nightly and it will be more publicly promoted on the new website.

Excellent. Thanks for that. I can confirm that this installs perfectly on my computer (Kubuntu 13.04). The play-count bug is fixed, and after running Nightingale for an hour or so, CPU usage hovers around 1–3% of a core.

Great update! Thanks again!
(08-03-2013, 03:39 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]it will be more publicly promoted on the new website.

I added it to the build page on the wiki for now.