MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Import playlists from Songbird to Nightingale

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Import playlists from Songbird to Nightingale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed Nightingale and would like to import 7 playlists from Songbird. I can't seem to find them however. Help, anyone? Thanks.

Nick
Birdbackup - you have to install in both SB and NG, and export from one then import to the other. It's in the addons page.
Thanks. I tried it but it said it does not work with Firefox 22. I had an old addon in Songbird that allowed me to export playlists. I did that then imported them from Nightingale. So far, so good.
Good to hear - but you have to either save as those addons or open the addons site from within Nightingale and Songbird to use them...
While BackupBird is able to migrate stuff between profiles, it does not transfer playlists. You may export and import playlists, that should work for static stuff, or recreate your dynamic playlists; play counts, ratings and stuff are transfered via BackupBird.

You may, however, also try to just keep the same profile, just copy your Songbird Profile into a fresh Nightingale one, and probably everything is still working (there's a chance of nothing to work, though. But I never experienced that...).
For detailed instructions on how to migrate your Songbird profile to Nightingale: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?...m_songbird
I just tried out the method with BirdBackup in order to migrate playlists from songbird to nightingale... and all i succeeded with is to completely screw up my Nightingale GUI, with no playlists imported whatsoever Smile so i guess i;ll need to reinstall my nightingale and manually add everything i want, since these mashups with Songbird obviously dont work for me...
Copying the entire Songbird profile to Nightingale didn't work also, when i tried to start Nightingale, i got this message: "Nightingale is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Nightingale process, or restart your system."
So i reinstalled the Nightingale, but i still get the same message... What is the problem?

Im usually not that dumb, but Nightingale is giving me a lot of headache Sad
Rebooting the computer always solves this problem. Usually the nightingale process is still running in the background.
Of course i rebooted my comp... before installation and after, but the problem stays...
Pages: 1 2