MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Cannot install add-on

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Cannot install add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After installing some add-ons Nightingale keeps showing "Restart Nightingale to complete your changes" every time I start it and add-ons remain uninstalled.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Here is the list of extensions I cannot install:

Delete From Disk
Equalizer Presets Plus
Song Notifier
Which version of Nightingale are you using on which operating system. If you are on linux, could you specify which exact version you downloaded/compiled?
(07-18-2013, 08:38 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of Nightingale are you using on which operating system. If you are on linux, could you specify which exact version you downloaded/compiled?

Nightingale 1.12 and 1.12.1
Did you try a clean profile (start nightingale with the -p option)?

How to start NG with the -p option: Press Windows+R and enter one of the following lines, depending on wether you're on 64 (the top line) or 32 bit (the bottom line):
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nightingale\nightingale.exe" -p
"C:\Program Files\Nightingale\nightingale.exe" -p
Yes, I tried clean profile and it seemed to be helpful. But the problem appeared again.

What I can say for sure, manual copying content of extension into "profiles\profile_name\extensions\" directory makes extension work.

By the way, I have two another Windows 7 computers and Nightingale 1.12.1 works fine there.

In addition to that, drag and drop doesn't work at this copy of Nightingale.
Songbird 2.2.0 worked at this computer very well.

I cannot understand what happens.
Saying "drag and drop" I meant that I cannot create playlists by dragging directories onto Nightingale window. Though, it work on other computers.
(07-19-2013, 04:18 AM)dyedfox Wrote: [ -> ]But the problem appeared again.

Hmmm... are there any messages in the error console? Both when dropping stuff and after restarting for an extension installation?

Weird issue...
Error console (clean profile):

Code:
Error: safeInstallOperation: failed to clean up item location after its contents were properly backed up. Failed to clean up: C:\Users\KINY\AppData\Roaming\Nightingale\Profiles\test\extensions\langpack-uk@songbirdnest.com ... rolling back file moves and aborting installation.

Error: ExtensionManager:_finishOperations - failure, catching exception - lineno: 510 - file: undefined - [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.permissions]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Nightingale/xulrunner/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: removeDirRecursive :: line 510"  data: no]

Error: syntax error
Source File: file:///C:/Users/KINY/AppData/Roaming/Nightingale/Profiles/test/recommendedAddOnBundle.xml
Line: 1, Column: 50
Source Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWindowsRegKey.create]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Nightingale/components/sbAppStartupService.js :: anonymous :: line 543"  data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Nightingale/components/sbAppStartupService.js
Line: 230

Error: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument"  nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Nightingale/extensions/amazonmusic@songbirdnest.com/components/sbAmazonMusic.js :: sbAmazonMusic_install :: line 145"  data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Nightingale/extensions/amazonmusic@songbirdnest.com/components/sbAmazonMusic.js
Line: 147
(07-19-2013, 06:49 PM)dyedfox Wrote: [ -> ]Error console (clean profile):

Thanks. Anything unususal in your profile folder? Like messed up file permissions, etc?
Pages: 1 2