MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Feature artist in product screenshot

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Feature artist in product screenshot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We should offer free or independent artists a free way to promote their music: featuring them on our official screenshots. The idea is to have an artist per release, so it changes every release.
We would maybe have a form, where artists could submit their proposal and we would choose the ones with the best cover art Wink
+1 to this idea! I like it.

Off the top of my head, since he just released a new album a few days ago, Pretty Lights. He offers all his music for free on his site. There's gotta be a ton though.
(07-13-2013, 05:52 PM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]+1 to this idea! I like it.

Off the top of my head, since he just released a new album a few days ago, Pretty Lights. He offers all his music for free on his site. There's gotta be a ton though.

I agree on both the idea and the suggestion of Pretty Lights. Didn't know him, though. That would also be a way to get codenames for releases not being awkward. Yay!
I like it!

Jack Conte is another one we could contact, he has a ton of fans on youtube.
Ron Wasserman would be another fun one, he did the original Power Rangers theme song. Nice guy (I'm a fan).

Of course, it'd be fun to get somebody more known like Team 9 or some of the Bootie artists (google best of bootie) onboard as well.
...we need bandcamp integration.
In Brasil we have a lot of indepedent artists.
I think they can help...
GeekShadow and me got a CD filled with free songs at RMLL2013, maybe there are interested artists there too. So I guess we will ask artists but artists should also be able to ask us?
I've just finished stage 2 with the help of rsjtdrjgfuzkfg: give this little project a name. It's called Open Stage for now.
We're entering stage 3 now: organizing it on our side. We're putting together the ingredients in the kitchen: http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?...open_stage
I just remember once Songbird did a partner with Jamendo to promote songs :

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2661/42050...ff7a_o.png