MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Uninstall Nightingale

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Uninstall Nightingale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran the nightgale installation script (I'm using Debian Wheezy), and now I can't seem to figure out how to uninstall Nightingale! Strangely it didn't ask for sudo permission while running the script. Does that mean it wasn't really installed? Can someone please help me? It doesn't show up anywhere; not in the Synaptic manager, not in the application list, or the Add/Remove manager either.
Which script did you use ?
(06-20-2013, 06:14 PM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Which script did you use ?

It was a shell script called 'nightingale' that was inside the Nightingale installation tarball.
Where did you get the tarball from?
Typically you'd simply extract the tarball and run NG. That's it, no installation required.
To get rid of NG, delete the extracted files. They are there, where you did extract them to.
Note, when running NG, it also creates a profile in your home directory.
The easiest one would be away
nightingale call-Dateinpfad open-unins 000-als Admin explain ready
(06-24-2013, 03:17 AM)Abendstern Wrote: [ -> ]The easiest one would be away
nightingale call-Dateinpfad open-unins 000-als Admin explain ready

He ist not on Windows. While we have an install and uninstall application there, installation (and thus also uninstallation) on linux is different. Also, please try to use English labels instead of the german ones.
(06-23-2013, 04:12 PM)tibitts Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you get the tarball from?
Typically you'd simply extract the tarball and run NG. That's it, no installation required.
To get rid of NG, delete the extracted files. They are there, where you did extract them to.
Note, when running NG, it also creates a profile in your home directory.

I got it from the download page, the one for Linux 32-bit (can't remember if it was the normal one or the one for Gnome intergration). So are you saying that script doesn't actually "install" it? I wondered that being that it doesn't show up anywhere else. Because it's looking like NG runs more like a portable.
You just remove the folder it comes in, and if you wish to remove your preferences and music database, also rm -rf ~/.nightingale
(06-28-2013, 05:46 AM)electriceccentric Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying that script doesn't actually "install" it? I wondered that being that it doesn't show up anywhere else. Because it's looking like NG runs more like a portable.

That script doesn't install NG, it actually start's it. I don't think it's helpful trying to map how things are done when using Windows to Linux.
Linux is different in many ways.
I removed those two mentioned folder a few days ago figuring that was how to "uninstall" Nightingale. Thanks all for your help!