MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nightingale doesn't import wma files on archlinux

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale doesn't import wma files on archlinux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with nightingale.
i can't import any of my wma files.

i'm running archlinux 3.8.11 x64
Version: Nightingale 1.12.1, Build 0 (20130503231516)

gstreamer plugins:
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins-0.10.23-4
gstreamer0.10-base-plugins-0.10.36-1
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg-0.10.13-1
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins-0.10.31-3
gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins-0.10.19-5

any idea?
Thanks!

ps: i'm french
(05-10-2013, 07:04 AM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]i can't import any of my wma files.

Should be in the ugly gstreamer plugins... Maybe we forgot to add wma somewhere, can you try renaming a single wma file to mp3 and import it? If that works and the file plays properly it is likely a NG issue.

What exact error message do you get?
I don't get any errors in the console.
no changes when i rename a wma file in .mp3 doesn't import too.
(file/import media/folder)

additionally when i want to play a single file in nautilus, nightingale isn't listed in the app list on gnome 3.8.1
(05-13-2013, 06:02 PM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get any errors in the console.

What exactly happens when importing the song then? There are various options: The file is added, but does not play / does not have metadata / etc, an error message appears (as a separate window), or the file is not added ("0 added to Library" in status bar) - or something else?

Does this happen on all wma files?
(05-15-2013, 03:42 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2013, 06:02 PM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get any errors in the console.

What exactly happens when importing the song then? There are various options: The file is added, but does not play / does not have metadata / etc, an error message appears (as a separate window), or the file is not added ("0 added to Library" in status bar) - or something else?

Does this happen on all wma files?

the file is not added with no errors.
it happen for all my wma files

ps: sorry for late reply
(05-21-2013, 08:16 PM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]the file is not added with no errors.

Are your wma files drm-protected or something like that? Can you play them with other media players (i.e. vlc)?
Does import work for non-wma files?
Did you try using a fresh profile (start nightingale with the -p option)?
(05-23-2013, 06:37 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 08:16 PM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]the file is not added with no errors.

Are your wma files drm-protected or something like that? Can you play them with other media players (i.e. vlc)?
Does import work for non-wma files?
Did you try using a fresh profile (start nightingale with the -p option)?

import work for non wma files.
i can play wma files in others players
i try with a fresh profile it's the same.

i've change my linux distributions. I'm now on mint 15 x86_64
i have the same problem.

Version : Nightingale 1.12, Build 2432 (20130416004705)

i think there are no drm on my wma files (riped by windows media player, with the original cd in VBR max quality
(05-31-2013, 09:36 AM)butler_fr Wrote: [ -> ]import work for non wma files.
i can play wma files in others players
i try with a fresh profile it's the same.

i've change my linux distributions. I'm now on mint 15 x86_64
i have the same problem.

Version : Nightingale 1.12, Build 2432 (20130416004705)

i think there are no drm on my wma files (riped by windows media player, with the original cd in VBR max quality

Thanks for the input, sadly I don't have a clue what's going on. Maybe some of our linux devs can have a look?
@ilikenwf? @GeekShadow?
Did it work with a previous version ?
(06-11-2013, 10:06 PM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Did it work with a previous version ?

i haven't tested
Pages: 1 2