MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Lyrics and Cue file

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Lyrics and Cue file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on OS X 10.8.3
  • Every time I play a song, It keep ask to save the lyric which I thought already saved. Is it saved or not? If it is saved, where is the file location?
  • Can you add support for playing a cue file?

Thanks in advance
(05-07-2013, 05:08 AM)pajokka Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Every time I play a song, It keep ask to save the lyric which I thought already saved. Is it saved or not? If it is saved, where is the file location?
It is saved in the file's metadata, but only on compatible formats (such as mp3, flac). If it keeps asking you there's either a bug in the Lyric Add-on (MLyrics) or in the metadata writing. Afaik we bundle taglib on Mac, so the metadata writing library should be find. @ilikenwf: mac build config?

(05-07-2013, 05:08 AM)pajokka Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Can you add support for playing a cue file?
From what I found cue files are not media files, but files that split other media into parts, right? I don't see a way to implement cue file playback then, as we rely on one file per library entry. If somebody comes up with a crazy wrapper and a own url shema it could theoretically be added, but that would be much work so I don't think that will get implemented too soon. If you're able to code...?
It's probably the lyrics addon...
Actually, MusicBee feature about splitting a big file in songs reading a .cue, is pretty useful for backed up CDs or vinyls... I'm able to code reaaaally poorly (still a student), but the trick should be to start playback from a certain second you read in the .cue, I think it's nothing that hard.
(06-17-2015, 05:45 AM)fabio94xx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm able to code reaaaally poorly (still a student), but the trick should be to start playback from a certain second you read in the .cue, I think it's nothing that hard.

The hard thing is to update the sequencer to support virtual media items arising from the cue file (as one physical track would need to appear in chunks in the library, with metadata and stuff for each). Having an add-on providing the ability to skip to a specific part of a long track based on cue files would indeed not be hard, and likely quite similar to the audio bookmarks add-on (probably except the file format). If you are insterested in implementing either of the two, feel free to start with that and contact us on any issues occurring while you do so!