MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nightingale & Plugins

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale & Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nightingale is based on Mozilla code. Mozilla applications like Firefox and Thunderbird automatically load plugins from certain directories (Linux) or as specified in the Windows registry. Both, FF and TB have a GUI allowing to disable plugins. Unfortunately Nightingale does not have this (yet?).
Since Nightingale has full web browser capabilities outdated plugins can impose a serious thread. And I don't see any reason why Nightingale should have the Java plugin loaded by default.
For Windows plugins can easily be disabled following these instructions.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin_scanning
However, this doesn't seem to work the same way with Linux. I put symlinks to my plugins into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, so that both, FF and TB are able to find them. But Nightingale finds them too.
Does anyone have an idea how to disable plugins in Nightingale on Linux, in particular Java?
Thanks.
With the upgrade to an actual XULRunner, you will (most likely) get the add-ons manager present in firefox. What this means for you is support for managing plugins.