MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Localization V2.2

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Localization V2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When will you release the localization files of V2.2?
There is no "V2.2". I know, there is a trybuild, but this doesn't need to be functional. We have a version numbered as 1.12 in the works, which will of course feature all languages previous versions did.

As GeekShadow already pointed out in another thread, the localizations should already be available for the version you are using. Please check the "Language" point in the File menu.
We still use the localizations from Songbird. We will eventually switch to our own localizations, yes. and then you are welcome to translate. However we don't have a date set, when this will happen. Hopefully this year...
He could pull out the language files and start translating now, though, if he wanted...we're happy to accept pull requests, etc.
For it to makes sense we first had to change any string to differ from the Songbird translation base. As long asthis isn't the case, it would be obsolete, since we use the songbird translations.
(01-18-2013, 04:13 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]There is no "V2.2". I know, there is a trybuild, but this doesn't need to be functional. We have a version numbered as 1.12 in the works, which will of course feature all languages previous versions did.

As GeekShadow already pointed out in another thread, the localizations should already be available for the version you are using. Please check the "Language" point in the File menu.
We still use the localizations from Songbird. We will eventually switch to our own localizations, yes. and then you are welcome to translate. However we don't have a date set, when this will happen. Hopefully this year...
Yes,I know you have the localization file for 1.12,but I just wonder when will the newer(2.2) version supports multi-language.
(01-18-2013, 08:19 PM)jgzll Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,I know you have the localization file for 1.12,but I just wonder when will the newer(2.2) version supports multi-language.

2.2 is older than 1.12. This strange issue is because of us merging Songbird changes, and Songbird has 2+ version numbers. We did not decide for a final consumer version number back then, and leaved the Songbird numbers. We plan to release 1.12 soon, which then will be the most recent release.

The "real" Nightingale 2 (with the new XULrunner) does not build yet, so there also are no locales hosted yet.

@ilikenwf: I don't think that we're ready to accept translation fixes, as we need to wipe them every time we re-pull them from Songbird. We'll need to wait for GeekShadow finishing his babelzilla project.