MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Lirc support?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Lirc support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I saw somewhere that there was once a lirc plugin for songbird, so you could control it with your IR remote in linux. I can't find it in songbird's addons, nor nightingale's. Does this add on exist, and does it work for Nightingale?

Alternatively, does anyone have a readymade .lircrc file configured for Nightingale?
http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/1695

But this add-on need to be updated to work with Nightingale (install.rdf) and also it may only work on Windows.
Well, I updated the rdf to get it to install, and it will let me open preferences, but it must only work in Windows because it doesn't do anything when I configure it. That, or my port is wrong, and I wouldn't know which lirc port is correct (I'm connected to the IR remote via usb, not serial port).

In any case, there's also the command line support add-on, which also does not work for me. I could just go into .lircrc and manually configure nightingale to work, if I could get any playback commands to actually pass to nightingale.

Thanks for the reply.