MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Bug with Synchronization when gReader podcasts installed

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Bug with Synchronization when gReader podcasts installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When gReader podcasts is installed, Synchronization fails when the option "Re-organize song files in target folder" is selected (at least for me).

My guess for the reason would be that the gReader addon creates a new file tag called "Played?" and this somehow messes up the Sync when it tries to read the tag information in order to write the folder/file names. I could be totally wrong though.
(12-14-2012, 01:53 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]When gReader podcasts is installed, Synchronization fails when the option "Re-organize song files in target folder" is selected (at least for me).

[moved to Helpdesk > Synchronization]

Can you please switch the sync feature in debug mode and post the messages you get? You can do that by opening a new tab, entering about:config into the address bar, and then change the value "extensions.FolderSync.debugLevel" to "5". After doing that, you will recive log messages in the error console (see linked article for details how to send these messages).
(12-16-2012, 09:51 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2012, 01:53 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]When gReader podcasts is installed, Synchronization fails when the option "Re-organize song files in target folder" is selected (at least for me).

[moved to Helpdesk > Synchronization]

Can you please switch the sync feature in debug mode and post the messages you get? You can do that by opening a new tab, entering about:config into the address bar, and then change the value "extensions.FolderSync.debugLevel" to "5". After doing that, you will recive log messages in the error console (see linked article for details how to send these messages).

Here you go:
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2001173
(12-17-2012, 02:34 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2001173

Thx, identified the issue, but no idea where it comes from. Something seems to deliver its own JSON implementation, which collides with the built-in one. Can you disable all add-ons and test if the issue persists? If not, try re-enabling one-by-one and post which add-on causes the issue. Thanks for your effort!
(12-20-2012, 04:20 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2012, 02:34 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2001173

Thx, identified the issue, but no idea where it comes from. Something seems to deliver its own JSON implementation, which collides with the built-in one. Can you disable all add-ons and test if the issue persists? If not, try re-enabling one-by-one and post which add-on causes the issue. Thanks for your effort!

No problem! Yeah, I still have the same issue if I disable every add-on other than gReader. Thanks for looking at the problem.
(12-21-2012, 05:05 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]I still have the same issue if I disable every add-on other than gReader.

There it is: [gReader Podcasts XPI]/chrome/content/main.js:21 declares a global JSON object based on the deprecated nsIJSON, which collides with the regular JSON object. I wasn't able to find any code using this, though. Try the attatched version and report if this gReader version still works, and if the sync works with this version installed.
(12-23-2012, 03:18 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2012, 05:05 PM)zjays Wrote: [ -> ]I still have the same issue if I disable every add-on other than gReader.

There it is: [gReader Podcasts XPI]/chrome/content/main.js:21 declares a global JSON object based on the deprecated nsIJSON, which collides with the regular JSON object. I wasn't able to find any code using this, though. Try the attatched version and report if this gReader version still works, and if the sync works with this version installed.

I just installed it and tried the sync with folder restructuring enabled, and it seems to works fine now!

I actually haven't gotten around to really using the gReader add-on too much. This version seems to work fine as far as I can tell. If I run into any problems with this new version I'll re-install the original version and see if the problem still exists. So, I'll report back here if there's any problems. But I think you can go ahead and upload this new version to the add-on page.

Thanks again!
(12-25-2012, 09:56 AM)Simon_ Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy to deal with any issues with my addons myself, if they are brought to my attention as I want to maintain Songbird compatibility and don't want any regression in any future versions

That's why I did not overwrite your file on the wiki, and just added an alternate download. Feel free to fix it in both versions and remove my wiki change Smile

The only change is the removal of the line I stated above.