MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - General sluggishness

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: General sluggishness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Really weird...one of your system libraries could be an odd version or build, or something, I suppose...
(11-28-2012, 03:32 AM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]Really weird...one of your system libraries could be an odd version or build, or something, I suppose...

My suspicion is it's something related to Gstreamer. My (high level) understanding is that Nightingale does not ship with it's own version of Gstreamer as Songbird, but uses the distribution version. That got recently upgraded to v1.0 a while ago. Could it be related? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this any further.
You don't have the gstreamer0.10 packages at all anymore? Most distros still ship those for backward compatibility - we haven't moved to 1.0 yet.
(12-05-2012, 05:27 AM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have the gstreamer0.10 packages at all anymore? Most distros still ship those for backward compatibility - we haven't moved to 1.0 yet.

You're right. I checked, and gstreamer0.10 is still there, plus the gstreamer 1.0 packages. I don't now if that contributes to the problem though.
It shouldn't, as the build system finds gstreamer0.10, I believe...

It could be xulrunner, since we haven't gotten done upgrading to a current version yet - your DM/WM may not like the old version, and compositing may not play nice with it...
I'm having even more serious speed issues now. Nightingale will totally freeze up when switching in and out of the Synchronization page, starting up, or other general use.

I spent a really long time setting up all my smart playlists the way I want them, categorized in folders. I do not want to lose this playlist and folder structure. I have tried using an sqlite viewer to figure out which db file Nightingale uses to store this information, and I can't find it. I could start with a fresh profile and re-add my playlists once I can figure out where they're stored.

I got an email saying the new Nightingale was out, but it was not stable on my machine (ubuntu 12.04 32 bit). This is actually where my troubles began. I don't know if there was something about my library that wasn't compatible with the new release, but even after downgrading I'm still having serious issues running Nightingale.

I have pulled down a nightly build and when I start it on my main profile it's still slow and even crashes. Please help. Thanks.
First, birdbackup. Then delete the profile, make a new one, and import with birdbackup.
(04-30-2013, 12:22 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]First, birdbackup. Then delete the profile, make a new one, and import with birdbackup.

Warning: bird backup does not cover playlists yet!

@OT: If you experience issues with the synchronization pane, maybe you selected many playlists? As it sums up the total file size of the selection when switching to it, and that takes a bit of time. However, I think your profile might have some other issues as well.
Oh, shoot. I was about to try Birdbackup. I guess there's no point if it doesn't back up playlists.
You can probably use the 'Playlist Export' extension for this.
Pages: 1 2 3