MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Already upgraded Nightingale 1.08 to 1.11 but crashes

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Already upgraded Nightingale 1.08 to 1.11 but crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends!!

Minutes ago I upgraded the player, from 1.08 to 1.11, before was working freakin' fine!!! but... since i upgraded.. it crashes when i play a song.. dunno why!! Huh

I use Ubuntu 12.04, and I AAC files in asian tags

Dunno... any suggestion to make a downgrade? Sad
(10-15-2012, 07:18 PM)Aldi80s Wrote: [ -> ]I use Ubuntu 12.04

Did you use the version described at this sticky? As the general linux release version had some issues with playback on ubuntu...
Thanks for the fast reply!
I think I found why it was crashing last nite: my hard drive died minutes after I wrote this post Angry

Anyway I will upgrade at this computer, so if I get any issue.. I'll check the link Cool

Thanks you!!!

Did you use the version described at this sticky? As the general linux release version had some issues with playback on ubuntu...
[/quote]
OK...
It still crashes on the desktop PC... weird.. I will check the reference u left in the past reply.. Confused

Ill tell u later!

OK friends...

I decided to download the compressed version and I tried to replace all those files to /usr/share/nightingale but i cant do that, Ubuntu doesnt let me to do..
Any suggestions?
(10-16-2012, 08:30 AM)Aldi80s Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to download the compressed version and I tried to replace all those files to /usr/share/nightingale but i cant do that, Ubuntu doesnt let me to do..
Any suggestions?

Probably a ubuntu-user in here might give you a better advise... here are some thoughts:

Do you have sufficient privileges to perform such an operation (e.g. are you trying to replace the files as root)?
If you can't get it to work, it would be great if you could try to use the build in your home directory first, just to ensure the nightingale thing works...
Not an Ubuntu user, but he needs to birdbackup and delete his old profile - that's likely to cause the breakage.