MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - How to tell library a file location has changed?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: How to tell library a file location has changed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys.

Thanks for this wonderfull work on providing this software under linux. Because of your great work, I have been able to completely switch to Linux (Mint to be more precise).

I have a question though...

Imagine I have a mp3 file located somewhere (let's say /media/mp3/AFolder/MyFile1.mp3).

Then, I decide to change the folder containing the file to /media/mp3/AnotherFolder/MyFile.mp3).

How do I warn the library the file still exists, but has just changed location ?

I don't want to
- use an automatic way to watch the forlders because I want to avoid duplicates in my library.
- Use an automatic way to sort my library folders because, I have set up a personnal way of managing my files long before even using iTunes
- Delete the entry in the librairy than re-add the file from the new location because it will make me loose some information like creation date, last lecture date, number of lectures, ...

I have already activated the "advanced features" tab of the metadata editor, but it gives the file location information in read only.

I also tought changing by hand the information in the library file, but it seems to me the library is not based on a text file (like in iTunes) because the library is based on a BD software (I guess it is SQLite like in Songbird).

So currently, is wrinting a SQL query and find a way to pass it to the nightingale library the only way (for me) to change the file location data in the database?

Or have I missed something in the GUI ?

Thnaks for your help.
(10-07-2012, 07:10 PM)gdou Wrote: [ -> ]How do I warn the library the file still exists, but has just changed location ?

I'd recommand saving a RatingFile, then delete, re-add and re-import the RatingFile. This will preserve ratings, import date, play- and skipcount, given you do not change the metadata of the files itself.

(10-07-2012, 07:10 PM)gdou Wrote: [ -> ]I also tought changing by hand the information in the library file, but it seems to me the library is not based on a text file (like in iTunes) because the library is based on a BD software (I guess it is SQLite like in Songbird).

So currently, is wrinting a SQL query and find a way to pass it to the nightingale library the only way (for me) to change the file location data in the database?

The Library is indeed sqlite. You might use something like SQLite database browser to view and manipulate the data within the library.

Again, I'd recommend the first way.
Many tanks for your answer.

I tried the ratingFile extension, but it stopped importing ratings at 26% with an error message

"Le script ne répond plus" (Script does not answer anymore) :
Script : chrome://ratingFile/content/dialog.js.35

If I tell the script to go on, it stops again at 52%.
If I tell the script to go on again, it hangs forever at 99%. I have to kill the application to get out. The rating file is created, but still 0 bytes.
(10-08-2012, 01:16 AM)gdou Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the ratingFile extension, but it stopped importing ratings at 26% with an error message

"Le script ne répond plus" (Script does not answer anymore) :
Script : chrome://ratingFile/content/dialog.js.35

If I tell the script to go on, it stops again at 52%.
If I tell the script to go on again, it hangs forever at 99%. I have to kill the application to get out. The rating file is created, but still 0 bytes.

You should always tell it to go on, this is because backing up takes a lot of time, and Nightingale sees that script running longer than an usual script runs.

For the 99% issue, are there messages in the error console (Tools menu, open if before starting the backup)?
Sadly, no message in the error console.

And I also tried using SQLite database Browser. But I could not find my way to the data that interest me.

Thanks to have tried to help me.

May I suggest to use the advanced tab of the metadata editor to let user change the file location? I guess it would require an intelligent SQL request to be able to complete this feature. But of course, it's easy to say, complicate to do. Otherwise, I could have done it by myself ;-).

Best regards.
(10-14-2012, 11:34 PM)gdou Wrote: [ -> ]And I also tried using SQLite database Browser. But I could not find my way to the data that interest me.

Well, finding the data is kinda easy:
Code:
SELECT content_url FROM media_items WHERE hidden=0 AND is_list=0;
Does that help you already? I personally did not do too much sql in terms of updating within an sql statement... The rest would require some sql learning/searching for me Tongue