MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Announcing Unity Integration

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Announcing Unity Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(01-08-2013, 08:03 PM)LookingMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2013, 07:17 PM)sparhawk Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks. I've contacted the "Global Menu Bar integration" devs here.

Thanks. I can try to integrate such feature into Unity Integration add-on if I have simple working example for firefox 3.6 (xulrunner 1.9.2 upon which NG built)

I've been waiting and bumping the "Global Menu Bar integration" devs for the last month with no reply, so I'm going to give up once it expires again in a fortnight. (FWIW, I've also stopped using the KDE global menubar, which is a bit buggy, so it doesn't directly affect me any more.)
I've pushed a branch to my github. For me at least, it compiles and works properly from a clean build. The branch is based on the sb-trunk-oldxul branch in the main nightingale-hacking repository.

It REALLY needs testing though, so if you have some time, please break it!

Here's a link to the branch

A couple of technical things to note:

In the extension's /components/src/Makefile.in, -fPIC is enabled, which is required for 64 bit. I don't think it should break anything on 32 bit versions, but I could obviously be wrong. You can take that out if you are on a 32 bit version. For some reason, the conditional I had wasn't working properly, though I didn't spend much time tweaking it.
Link to said makefile

It compiles the extension's components into /platform instead of /components, which I tried to override in extension-config.mk with EXTENSION_ARCH = $(NULL), but apparently that didn't work.
Link to extension-config.mk
@LookingMan
Can you give me your full name so I can add you to credits for unity add-on ?

I will do as well for john
Pages: 1 2 3 4