MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Announcing Unity Integration

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Announcing Unity Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-05-2012, 05:16 AM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]Once we're sure this is stable, we should toss it into the main client tree and add a config flag to build it....so put something like --enable-unity=true/false in nightingale.config...

Seems like something that'd be good for ubuntu users.

Would be great, of course.
I don't particularly care for ubuntu or unity, but I realize a lot of people use them, so I suppose this would be a nice feature...

Of course, when we upgrade to a new xulrunner, I think this may be built into it.
64bit is still unusable or are there new dev versions?
I couldn't find them

:-(
(12-08-2012, 04:51 PM)marc Wrote: [ -> ]64bit is still unusable or are there new dev versions?
I couldn't find them

:-(

Sorry, there is no 64-bit version yet
Hi, from the posts in the thread, I see no mention of global menu support? I'm actually using KDE, but AFAIK it's a similar hack for both.

If so, could I please request/suggest integration into the global menu? I actually gave it a go myself, by trying to modify the install.rdf of the Ubuntu-provided "Global Menu Bar integration" add-on for Firefox/Thunderbird, but failed.
(01-08-2013, 11:02 AM)sparhawk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, from the posts in the thread, I see no mention of global menu support? I'm actually using KDE, but AFAIK it's a similar hack for both.

If so, could I please request/suggest integration into the global menu? I actually gave it a go myself, by trying to modify the install.rdf of the Ubuntu-provided "Global Menu Bar integration" add-on for Firefox/Thunderbird, but failed.

Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately my experiments with "Global Menu Bar integration" add-on also failed, I've also tried another ways to bypass but with no success yet. I'll try again later...
Okay, thanks. I've contacted the "Global Menu Bar integration" devs here.
(01-08-2013, 07:17 PM)sparhawk Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks. I've contacted the "Global Menu Bar integration" devs here.

Thanks. I can try to integrate such feature into Unity Integration add-on if I have simple working example for firefox 3.6 (xulrunner 1.9.2 upon which NG built)
I have it working on a 64 bit version of Ubuntu... I'm in the process of getting it working in the sb-trunk-oldxul for integrated building so I can send in a pull request, which I should hopefully have done by tomorrow. I'm attaching an ALPHA version attached to this post. It works for me... so if you're eager to try it, give it a shot... I'd post more details/explanations but I'm really tired.

Hoping I've got the right file attached haha I'm getting delirious from sleep deprivation..

You need to have the nightingale.desktop file in the same place as describe for the 32 bit version.
Here's the file:
[attachment=150]

I also attached a pic to show it's working, (in case I uploaded the wrong file...)

[Image: iKes98Yt5-8VPqUqhDKFIp9NPje0R5L-Xb7VDVyV...ize_mode=2]
Thank you johnmurrayvi!!
works for me :-)
didn made a screenshot but Soundmenu shows NIghtingale and is able to control it.

didn tested many but working

cheers
Marc
Pages: 1 2 3 4