MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Add-on Repository

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Add-on Repository
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any chance that we could have a separate high level Topic for putting Add-ons in? That way they can all be kept together and discussion can happen all in one place!

Steve
I don't have the permission to create a new forum category, but ilikenwf does and I assume rsjtdrjgfuzkfg does too.
[Forum created]
I'm thinking about locking thread creation in this forum for regular users once featherweight is set up, and have one thread per add-on then (as commenting within featherweight was refused in the rating concept poll). What do you guys think?

Also, I locked poll creation in there for now. If somebody needs it, I have no problem in re-enabling it.

Besides of ilienwf and me there are some other users having admin access here: GeekShadow (he has not choosen it as main category, so he is listed wrong in the team section), freaktechnik, Matt-SD, stevo and Lukas_Skywalker (same as GeekShadow).
@rsjtdrjgfuzkfg it sounds good to me.
@rsjtdrjgfuzkfg

Where should we create those add-ons threads ?
I'm up to something Smile

BTW we could handle add-ons rating using "Thread Ratings"
(11-09-2012, 02:03 AM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]@rsjtdrjgfuzkfg

Where should we create those add-ons threads ?
I'm up to something Smile

BTW we could handle add-ons rating using "Thread Ratings"

I disagree on the thread rating=addon rating thing. First of all, I dislike thread rating in general (as I never found it useful), but an add-on should get stars with an optional review (as we decided in the poll). I'd like to keep ratings tied together with these reviews... also, I think that they should get displayed on the Add-on page (and there's only a link to the forums, so...)

The Add-on thready itself... I'd like to clean the add-on forum once featherweight started and create the threads in there from featherweight, but not sure how far there are good apis for the forum?
For ratings : ok

(11-09-2012, 09:12 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]The Add-on thready itself... I'd like to clean the add-on forum once featherweight started and create the threads in there from featherweight, but not sure how far there are good apis for the forum?

For add-ons thread, I mean where we will auto-post them ? In Helpdesk -> Add-ons ?
And if there is no API, we still can do a sql query to get it post.
(11-09-2012, 06:49 PM)GeekShadow Wrote: [ -> ]For ratings : ok

(11-09-2012, 09:12 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]The Add-on thready itself... I'd like to clean the add-on forum once featherweight started and create the threads in there from featherweight, but not sure how far there are good apis for the forum?

For add-ons thread, I mean where we will auto-post them ? In Helpdesk -> Add-ons ?
And if there is no API, we still can do a sql query to get it post.

We need for sure an Add-on user posting the first post in these threads, with a link to the wiki, and a basic description...
I kinda feel bad directly accessing the database, as there is the risk of a security issue giving users admins here (sql injection) or bringing the forums in an inconsistent state.
I'd like a system similar to babelzilla, where the topic is created automatically.
(11-12-2012, 08:20 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like a system similar to babelzilla, where the topic is created automatically.

That's what we all want I guess Tongue
However, I don't feel good when directly accessing the database, especially thinking about security and updates (e.g. inconsistent states). I'd prefer something going through the forum software somehow, if there is such a thing.
Pages: 1 2