MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Serious issue here, Please help!

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Serious issue here, Please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All! Smile

My beloved Nightingale no longer will play anything. Everytime I try to open a internet radio stream that I have in a playlist, or try to even play a shoutcast stream, I get errors in the console. If I click on open location, and put in a new stream adress, all i get is a new tab screen that is blank. Everything was working perfectly fine just a few days ago. What I think i did to break it was I tried the VLC phonon backend instead of gstreamer on a recommendation to get Skype to work because it couldnt detect my usb webcam's mic.

Well, I got skype to work and now all of a sudden Nightingale no longer works. I tried removing skype, VLC backened, firefox, everything I could think of, still nothing works. I tried even removing and reinstalling gstreamer.. nothing. Funny thing is Skype still works with VLC backend gone now. Guess it wasnt that after all, but funny how it started working and allowed me to select my input device only after I installed it.

Regardless, I'm going nuts without my favorite media player!

Here is a example of some of the errors in the console:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [sbIMediacoreSequencer.playView]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/share/nightingale/components/sbPlaylistReaderListener.js :: anonymous :: line 100" data: no]
Source File: file:///usr/share/nightingale/components/sbPlaylistReaderListener.js
Line: 111

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [sbIMediacoreSequencer.playView]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://songbird/content/bindings/playlist.xml :: sendPlayEvent :: line 1616" data: no]

I have also attached a screenshot.

The system I'm using is a MacBook Core 2 running Kubuntu 12.04 - Debian Wheezy

Thank you for any help!

XT
What build/version do you use?
If you're on x64, if you haven't done so already, try a testing build (e.g. Nightingale_1.11.1-2269-ubuntu-x64.tar.gz). There is a major ubuntu x64 bug in the 1.11.0 release.
(07-01-2012, 11:25 PM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]What build/version do you use?
If you're on x64, if you haven't done so already, try a testing build (e.g. Nightingale_1.11.1-2269-ubuntu-x64.tar.gz). There is a major ubuntu x64 bug in the 1.11.0 release.

I'm so sorry, I should of said i was on X64.

The version i am using is Version: Nightingale 1.11.0, Build 0 (20120412194524)

Ok, I downloaded, unzipped the tar.gz to my desktop, renamed file to Night to make it easier to type, In terminal I went into the Night folder
and normally i just type in:
./configure
make
sudo make install

xt@xt-MacBook:~/Desktop$ dir
Night Xts\ Stuff
xt@xt-MacBook:~/Desktop$ cd Night
xt@xt-MacBook:~/Desktop/Night$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Please tell me how to properly install this.

BTW, If I just unzip the the new version to my desktop, and run nightingale from there it works. For now, I moved it else where on my hard drive and now run it from there. When running, If i select "Show a launcher when not running" to give myself a shortcut, the program executes but then gives me the same errors as above in the previous version of Nightingale and does not work at all. Permission issue? At least for now untill I can install it properly to get menu icons and permissions issues resolved, I can run it from dolphin file manager selecting the shell script and it works.

Regardless, Thank you! I have Nightingale back in some form for now! Smile
In order to properly install Nightingale from source code you should run
Code:
sh build.sh
from a terminal. "build.sh" configures, makes, and compiles the Nightingale source code. It sounds to me like you somehow corrupted a file that Nightingale uses. If you want to get Nightingale working again, try this (I'm assuming you have Nightingale installed in /usr/share):
Code:
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/nightingale/
Code:
sudo mv ~/Desktop/Night /usr/share/nightingale
Code:
sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/share/nightingale
This will remove the old version of nightingale, replace it with the version of Nightingale that you have on your desktop, and it will give Nightingale the correct permissions.
(07-02-2012, 08:06 AM)Timmythepirate Wrote: [ -> ]In order to properly install Nightingale from source code you should run
Code:
sh build.sh
from a terminal. "build.sh" configures, makes, and compiles the Nightingale source code. It sounds to me like you somehow corrupted a file that Nightingale uses. If you want to get Nightingale working again, try this (I'm assuming you have Nightingale installed in /usr/share):
Code:
Code:
Code:
This will remove the old version of nightingale, replace it with the version of Nightingale that you have on your desktop, and it will give Nightingale the correct permissions.

Timmy, Thanks for the Help!

I did everything you said to do. I pasted everything into terminal

I then went into the /usr/share/nightingale directory and tried to run it. It starts up as before and works, but If i try to use "show a launcher when not running" then close it and start it up via the launcher shortcut.It's the same as before. It starts but if I click on anything it just goes blue like your trying to change the name of something and will not play. I have to start it usingthe nightingale shell script otherwise it will not work and i get the errors I posted above. If i start it via the shell script it works great but if i create the shortcut it wont work. I also redownload the tar.gz file I was instructed to above and unzipped it to my desktop and attempted to run the command sh build.sh once I was in the newly unzipped and downloaded nightingale directory. When I do the sh command I get sh: 0: Can't open build.sh

Thank you for you continued help and patience.

XT
I think I might have an idea of what's going on. If the problem is what I think it is, the easiest thing to do is to first remove nightingale from you computer, remove all copies of Nightingale and any Nightingale shortcuts. From there I created a small script that does all the tedious work to install Nightingale for you; it only works for Ubuntu 64-bit. Download the script, switch to the directory where the script is and run:
Code:
sh installer.sh
After all this is done, open up a terminal and type:
Code:
/usr/bin/nightingale
Everything should work fine, including the "Keep program in launcher" option. Let me know if this works. Good luck!
The file I linked to was a built binary. You cannot build it, as it is not the NG source. You can get the source via github.
You can try Timmythepirate's solution, I forgot we have users providing a ppa... It should work automatically when using it Smile
The shell script I posted installs and updates Nightingale. I don't know if the ppa build fixes the Ubuntu playing issues, so I posted my own build, which this script downloads to replace the ppa version.
Thanks for all the help!

Right now This is what I am getting:

--2012-07-03 08:49:24-- http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale-bi..._64.tar.gz
Resolving sourceforge.net (sourceforge.net)... 216.34.181.60
Connecting to sourceforge.net (sourceforge.net)|216.34.181.60|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale-bi...z/download [following]
--2012-07-03 08:49:43-- http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale-bi...z/download
Connecting to sourceforge.net (sourceforge.net)|216.34.181.60|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 504 Gateway Time-out
2012-07-03 08:49:48 ERROR 504: Gateway Time-out.

tar (child): nightingale-1.11-20120701-x86_64.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
mv: cannot stat `nightingale': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/share/nightingale': No such file or directory
xt@xt-MacBook:~/Desktop$

I guess the site is down. I'll retry again later and post back.

BTW, I originally used this trebelnik PPA a few days to install the bugged ubuntu x64 version of Nighingale which is what started all of this. This is a newer file I am downloading I assume? If not I'll be right back where I started Big Grin If it is, I will need to just figure out how to get the permission set correctly for the testing build rsjtdrjgfuzkfg linked to. (Just need to get that shortcut working and some icons would be nice) Smile
The script downloads a (new) version of Nightingale I built on 01 July, so it should work fine, but I accidently put the wrong URL in the shell script. Try manually downloading the version of Nightingale that I built: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale-bi...z/download
Extract the file, open up a terminal in that directory, then run the following commands:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/nightingale
Code:
sudo mv nightingale /usr/share
Code:
This deletes the current version of Nightingale, replaces it with the working version, and makes sure that it has the correct permissions.
Pages: 1 2