MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - File Location not working for Smart Playlists

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: File Location not working for Smart Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with the File Location filter for Smart Playlists. It doesn't seem to be filtering correctly. For example, I have two folders in Windows Vista:

Music/Albums
Music/Singles

I try to create two Smart Playlists--one for each of these--with File Location "contains" music/albums for the first one (typed just like that in lower case, since case doesn't seem to matter) and File Location "contains" music/singles for the second. The first one filters correctly, but the second one does not; it just shows all songs.

I had this issue with Songbird too, but it didn't show up until after 1.9.3 (the File Location filter works fine in 1.9.3 and earlier).

Has anyone else encountered this problem or found a way to work around it?
Haven't experienced such an issue, but I do not use smart playlists with file location filters.

(06-01-2012, 05:56 AM)lumiera Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue with Songbird too, but it didn't show up until after 1.9.3 (the File Location filter works fine in 1.9.3 and earlier).
Maybe try it in the Songbird bugzilla?
(06-01-2012, 06:18 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't experienced such an issue, but I do not use smart playlists with file location filters.

(06-01-2012, 05:56 AM)lumiera Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue with Songbird too, but it didn't show up until after 1.9.3 (the File Location filter works fine in 1.9.3 and earlier).
Maybe try it in the Songbird bugzilla?

I managed to find this Songbird bugzilla item, which appears to be the same problem:

http://bugzilla.songbirdnest.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25000

Doesn't appear to be a solution though, but it should be possible to diff between 1.9.3 and the very next release and see what changed that deals with the Smart Playlist creation and File Location filter. I'm not much of a Songbird/Firefox developer, but I may be able to have a look and see if it's anything obvious.

(06-01-2012, 07:09 AM)lumiera Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to find this Songbird bugzilla item, which appears to be the same problem:

http://bugzilla.songbirdnest.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25000

Doesn't appear to be a solution though, but it should be possible to diff between 1.9.3 and the very next release and see what changed that deals with the Smart Playlist creation and File Location filter. I'm not much of a Songbird/Firefox developer, but I may be able to have a look and see if it's anything obvious.

The problem might be in one of these two files, but I'm not sure. Could someone with more experienced eyes have a glance and see if something that has changed may be causing this problem?

components/library/localdatabase/src/sbLocalDatabaseSmartMediaList.cpp
http://bit.ly/Ljul3k

components/mediaimport/playlist/src/handler/sbPlaylistHandlerUtils.js
http://bit.ly/KixtjW

Here's the diff I ran:

http://timeline.songbirdnest.com/client/...&new=22495
Hi! Any news on this one? The problem is present in Version: Nightingale 1.12, Build 2432 (20130415130532) on Mac 10.8.3.
No. It seems like we just lost this issue, it isnot in our bugtracker, so nobody tought of it. Also since this was submitted, the songbird ressources went offline.So I have to guess what diff it was, however I'd say it broke around this commit: https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...iaList.cpp .
Good! Can I do anything for it to be fixed? I'm not into software development, even though I'm programming less complex things on daily basis, also I know SVN... basic things.

What's next? Should I add this to the bug tracker? Should I try to figure out how to fix it? If so, which branch to check out from git to start with or what?

I know, it does not look helpful too much, as I have total no experience, but I'm looking for a good player for years now (Win/Mac) and many times came to the conclusion, the only way to have it is to make it, so I'm really willing to contribute. Nightingale is far the best on Mac I could find over half a year. Let me know what you think!
Yeah, adding it as issue in github would help for sure. If you want to try to fix it you might want to take a look at the sb-trunk-oldxul branch. Master is not working (yet).
If you want to play around with it, feel free! I'm not sure, but I think you'll have to get comfortable with git. Or the github for mac app at least. Which is pretty easy. For starters you should for our nightingale-hacking repo to your own account and submit your patch to that and later submit a pull request. Chances are high you'll get access to our main repo afterwards.
You can also consider our ressources we're gathering for new developers on our wiki:
(06-03-2013, 12:44 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]For starters you should for our nightingale-hacking repo to your own account and submit your patch to that and later submit a pull request. Chances are high you'll get access to our main repo afterwards.

For non-git people: submitting a pull request gives us the possibility to merge your changes with a single click, even if you don't have direct write access to our repository.

If you want to track down a bug, there are two main ways: debugging or git bisect. Depending on your skills, you might be able to produce faster and better results with debugging, but if you do not have experience with that, I'd recommend bisecting.
Not sure if that works with the mac app, but bisecting basically means you search a version where it works and one where it does not work, and git gives you something to try and you decide if the bug appears or not by building and trying. After that you know the exact code change where the bug was introduced, and even if you don't see it in there somebody else will probably help you searching there - just post the commit you get. Googling bisect and some mac keywords will probably give you some good results on how to do that on mac...

Feel free to ask any questions you might have Smile