MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - NG Won't Import or Play MP3 (or anything else)

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: NG Won't Import or Play MP3 (or anything else)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just installed using:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/nightingale
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nightingale

NG will not import anything but four oddball items in my MUSIC directory. Thousands of MP3s, MP4s and other files are ignored.

All codecs are installed, and Banshee works just fine.

This is a fresh install of Mint Linux 13 "Maya" (with codecs)
x64 Dell PC
NG 1.11.0 Build-0
Do us a favor and find out what the path to gstreamer is, and let us know if you would...

We may end up needing you to build so we can figure out what's wrong.
(05-30-2012, 12:43 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]Do us a favor and find out what the path to gstreamer is, and let us know if you would...

We may end up needing you to build so we can figure out what's wrong.

I believe it's /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10

If you can give me terminal command to check that location it would be helpful. I'm not yet an expert on this stuff.

I'd be happy to try building it, just need some good step by step instructions - once I've done it I'm fine, but that's new task for me.

(05-30-2012, 02:14 PM)Appalbarry Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be happy to try building it, just need some good step by step instructions - once I've done it I'm fine, but that's new task for me.

Building should be a matter of grabbing the source and calling build.sh, given you have build-essentials and gstreamer installed afaik.
I was just thinking that if he did that, it'd either break in a way that would shed insight, or work, meaning we'd possibly need another distro specific build.
(05-31-2012, 12:36 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]I was just thinking that if he did that, it'd either break in a way that would shed insight, or work, meaning we'd possibly need another distro specific build.

Exactly! Smile I'll try to get to that in the next day or so.

Barry
Good luck!
OK. As I said, I'm not quite the linux ace yet. Here's what I've done so far:

sudo apt-get remove nightingale
Deleted the .nightingale directory

Went to the link you suggested. Had no idea where to go, so opted to install git and download it all that way. It wound up in my home directory

Had no idea what to do with THAT ("grabbing the source and calling build.sh" assumed WAY, WAY more knowledge than I have) but did some Googling and wound up with:

sudo sh ./build.sh

Which tripped along happily until:

Nightingale Build System
cd /home/barry/nightingale-hacking && \
autoconf && \
rm -f -r /home/barry/nightingale-hacking/autom4te.cache/
/bin/sh: 2: autoconf: not found
make: *** [/home/barry/nightingale-hacking/configure] Error 127

Please consider this a teachable moment and tell what went wrong.
apt-get install build-essentail
apt-get install autoconf

Should maybe fix that...
(06-01-2012, 03:29 PM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]apt-get install build-essential
apt-get install autoconf

Should maybe fix that...

Those worked, and I also had to

sudo apt-get install gtk+-2.0

Now, another beginner question: Now that it has installed, how the heck do I launch the program?
Pages: 1 2 3