MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - MP3s play fine, ogg vorbis doesn't?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: MP3s play fine, ogg vorbis doesn't?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm currently trying to migrate my music to Nightingale and I'm having a weird issue. My MP3 files all play fine, no problem; but OGG vorbis files won't play! Double-clicking on them just gives no result whatsoever, no error message (gui or terminal), just nothing happens

Also, AAC (m4a) files will not play, same symptoms. The same file formats play in other players just fine, so the files are not corrupt and I know I have the codecs installed (for gstreamer at least, not sure if Nightingale is using gstreamer).

How can I go about debugging this? there's not even an error message

thanks
(05-06-2012, 12:58 AM)Auria Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm currently trying to migrate my music to Nightingale and I'm having a weird issue. My MP3 files all play fine, no problem; but OGG vorbis files won't play! Double-clicking on them just gives no result whatsoever, no error message (gui or terminal), just nothing happens

Also, AAC (m4a) files will not play, same symptoms. The same file formats play in other players just fine, so the files are not corrupt and I know I have the codecs installed (for gstreamer at least, not sure if Nightingale is using gstreamer).

How can I go about debugging this? there's not even an error message

thanks

First, we need to know on what OS you are (windows, linux, mac) and what Version you run (I assume 1.11.0 release from home page?).
For GUI errors, did you check the error console or do you only speak of "no pop-up dialog with error message"? If you haven't yet, you should have a look at Extras|Error console.

Oh, and I moved this to Helpdesk.
I'm on Linux (I thought Nightingale only ran on linux, oops), Xubuntu 12.04 to be more accurate.

Rgearding the error console, thanks, didn't know it existed.

And now... I will appear to be crazy. I just tested again and now all files play fine??? Ok I have no idea what was wrong the last few times I tried :/
(05-06-2012, 04:52 AM)Auria Wrote: [ -> ]And now... I will appear to be crazy. I just tested again and now all files play fine??? Ok I have no idea what was wrong the last few times I tried :/

Nice to hear that problem is solved Smile
I [close] here, if you find what caused the issue feel free to report it in our bug-tracking system, or here in the forums.