MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - how was that solved? (mp3 problem)

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: how was that solved? (mp3 problem)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, but it only says, the problem is solved, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find anywhere - _how_ this was solved. Especially not for users. So what is the solution to Nightingale not playing any music and not finding mp3s for dummies please?
Cheers
luh
(04-19-2012, 09:03 PM)luh Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but it only says, the problem is solved, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find anywhere - _how_ this was solved. Especially not for users. So what is the solution to Nightingale not playing any music and not finding mp3s for dummies please?
Cheers
luh

If you speak of the ubuntu issue, it is fixed in the code at github. So you need to build Nightingale from source if you want the fix (and test our current development version). As soon as we decide to release a new version, the fix will be available to end-users.

Oh, and if you're interested in the how, refer to https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...ng/pull/80
(04-19-2012, 11:29 PM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2012, 09:03 PM)luh Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but it only says, the problem is solved, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find anywhere - _how_ this was solved. Especially not for users. So what is the solution to Nightingale not playing any music and not finding mp3s for dummies please?
Cheers
luh

If you speak of the ubuntu issue, it is fixed in the code at github. So you need to build Nightingale from source if you want the fix (and test our current development version). As soon as we decide to release a new version, the fix will be available to end-users.

Oh, and if you're interested in the how, refer to https://github.com/nightingale-media-pla...ng/pull/80

any plans already when the new stable shall be released?
Cheers
luh

Hours of debugging and rebuilding nightingale at different commits on the nightingale-1.11 branch. Finally pieced it all together and it turned out 64 bit Ubuntu has both 32 and 64 bit version of the gstreamer libs, and nightingale was trying to use the 32 bit ones. I doubt anyone using 32 bit Ubuntu would have run into this issue, but let's be honest, I doubt there many people using 32 bit Ubuntu.

So basically the fix was making sure nightingale loaded the 64 bit gstreamer libs if it's 64 bit Ubuntu and otherwise use the 32 bit libs.

The fix, as pointed out above.

Here's a download of nightingale-1.11 with the fix you can use for now.
(04-20-2012, 07:27 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]
Cheers
luh

Hours of debugging and rebuilding nightingale at different commits on the nightingale-1.11 branch. Finally pieced it all together and it turned out 64 bit Ubuntu has both 32 and 64 bit version of the gstreamer libs, and nightingale was trying to use the 32 bit ones. I doubt anyone using 32 bit Ubuntu would have run into this issue, but let's be honest, I doubt there many people using 32 bit Ubuntu.

So basically the fix was making sure nightingale loaded the 64 bit gstreamer libs if it's 64 bit Ubuntu and otherwise use the 32 bit libs.

The fix, as pointed out above.

Here's a download of nightingale-1.11 with the fix you can use for now.

You agree I put this on testing builds at sourceforge? I'd need a build number and if it is a 32 or 64 bit version, through.
(04-20-2012, 08:05 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]You agree I put this on testing builds at sourceforge? I'd need a build number and if it is a 32 or 64 bit version, through.

Yeah, it's a 64 bit and the build number is 2269. It's actually version 1.11.1 as well.
Thanks guys!
(04-20-2012, 11:22 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2012, 08:05 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]You agree I put this on testing builds at sourceforge? I'd need a build number and if it is a 32 or 64 bit version, through.

Yeah, it's a 64 bit and the build number is 2269. It's actually version 1.11.1 as well.

Thanks, uploaded, SF download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngale/fi...z/download

This is [closed] as the issue is solved and the question answered.