MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - more help...

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: more help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'd like to help out if I can - my coding experience is (OO)PHP, some Perl, a bit of Python and lots of JS. I have written a Songbird addon, Ratebird, which will have a Nightingale version in the next release Smile
Welcome to Nightingale! Smile

Feel free to scan through the issues at github and the list of requested features in the wiki and pick something to work at. Or add a new issue and start working at it.
Check with the Features in Work page to ensure nobody else is working on the specific issue.

Most user interface things are XUL, CSS and JS only, and as a huge part of Nightingale's code is JS you may find your way through the other issues as well. I'd rather not recommend working at things that are mainly c++ and debugging if you don't have experience with that already, like fixing crash issues.

If you're interested in brining in your PHP skills, we're working on the add-on platform featherweight. Please do not start implementing things there, as I have major changes locally that are not ready to be committed yet. I plan to complete the basic work on the database backend in about 4 weeks. Once the database is implemented, we could assign some controllers to you, as the model is completed then (the framework, Codeigniter, has a Model-View-Controller structure).

If you have questions, feel free to ask. You can contact us here or even better in IRC, depending on your timezone. Just hang out there and ask your questions, probably somebody will be able to answer them.
Thanks for that, I'd like to get involved in the app and the add-on platform if possible. I'll poke a couple of interface issues in the next few days, see if I can get going on something. I'm on windows atm so it might take me a while longer to get the environment set up Wink