MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Ipod sync

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Ipod sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings to all.
Just changed to Nightingale on my laptop (Ubuntu 11.10) and I like it a lot, The only issue I have (albeit a very important one) is to synchronize my ipod. Can it be done? Sorry if it has been said somewhere in the forum.

Thanks
It's a closed source plugin for songbird...that said, you could probably make it work with Nightingale at the moment...there are no gurantees how long that will work, though.
The old iPod add-on is open sourced, but nobody has taken over it. Feel free to do so if you're a developer. Also, there are some open source libraries that maybe can get used to support a wider range of iPods.
Note that not supporting iPods is not a issue of Nightingale, it is a issue of Apple not supporting standards, trying to force their users to use their software. We have support for regular MSC devices, by using the synchronization feature.
Yes, I'm aware of Apple policies and they're frankly lame. I'm not a developer, so I guess I'm gonna stick to Rhythmbox to sync my ipod. Thanks for the answers.
You could consider using rockbox if your ipod is an older generation...then the normal sync of songbird would work, and your ipod wouldn't be jailed that way...it even lets you play doom Smile
(03-09-2012, 03:14 AM)ilikenwf Wrote: [ -> ]You could consider using rockbox if your ipod is an older generation...then the normal sync of songbird would work, and your ipod wouldn't be jailed that way...it even lets you play doom Smile

And rockbox can also get back-synced with the Nighingale Synchronization feature... Smile
My ipod (classic 120 go) is not compatible with Rockbox, I did check this option some months ago, it would be cool, yeah.