MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Got SB Trunk Based Build to Build Fully...

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Got SB Trunk Based Build to Build Fully...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-15-2012, 01:37 AM)Ezekiel000 Wrote: [ -> ]I used the fix from johnmurrayvi to fix the build.sh and compiled the sb-trunk-oldxul.
It built fine and ran fine I only found two problems:
- The tabs on the addon settings page are messed up.
- The volume control always starts as just a dot but as soon as you set the volume the rest of the bar fills in.
See attached screenshot to see these errors.

Is the settings folder meant to be ~/.nightingale now rather than ~/.nightingale2 ?

I also found when updating the rdfs of extensions that they still didn't work. The MediaFlow addon actually causes a segmentation fault.

The visual issues are known, I have to fix the feather with changes from trunk.
The "system" theme comes next? I think a lot of people would like it...haha...it really just needs some css stuff for the most part, on sizes of things...
Just as a heads up, haven't had time to look into it, but running build.sh fails if you are rebuilding with existing an linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma dependency archives. I ran build.sh after removing the tar and it built fine. Even though the error seems to imply it would be the vendor-1.11.zip file, I found it still caused the build error after removing it, but not the linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma file. Gonna look into it when I have a chance.

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jmurray/git/nightingale-hacking/compiled'
/home/jmurray/git/nightingale-hacking/build/config.mk:44: *** Please check out or build vendor-binaries - see https://wiki.songbirdnest.com/Developer/Articles/Getting_Started/Core_Player_Development/Checkout_the_Code#Get_the_Dependencies.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jmurray/git/nightingale-hacking/compiled'
make: *** [build] Error 2
Interesting - let us know what you find out! It's probably a typo somewhere. I've been editing build.sh with a VM mac, so I could've messed something up without realizing it (though I just edited the mac parts)...
(02-17-2012, 01:02 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]Just as a heads up, haven't had time to look into it, but running build.sh fails if you are rebuilding with existing an linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma dependency archives. I ran build.sh after removing the tar and it built fine. Even though the error seems to imply it would be the vendor-1.11.zip file, I found it still caused the build error after removing it, but not the linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma file. Gonna look into it when I have a chance.

Code:
/home/jmurray/git/nightingale-hacking/build/config.mk:44: *** Please check out or build vendor-binaries - see https://wiki.songbirdnest.com/Developer/Articles/Getting_Started/Core_Player_Development/Checkout_the_Code#Get_the_Dependencies.  Stop.

... guess I was the one breaking it... didn't see ilikenwf's rm command above in build.sh. Fixed now.
(02-17-2012, 02:01 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2012, 01:02 AM)johnmurrayvi Wrote: [ -> ]Just as a heads up, haven't had time to look into it, but running build.sh fails if you are rebuilding with existing an linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma dependency archives. I ran build.sh after removing the tar and it built fine. Even though the error seems to imply it would be the vendor-1.11.zip file, I found it still caused the build error after removing it, but not the linux-x86_64-1.11.tar.lzma file. Gonna look into it when I have a chance.

Code:

... guess I was the one breaking it... didn't see ilikenwf's rm command above in build.sh. Fixed now.

Thanks!
When I was testing ngale-1.11 yesterday I noticed a bug that I also saw in songbird before I switched to ngale. When you start ngale instead of loading the last used view for music it will just have a blank white area in the middle until you select music. I'm not sure if this is a problem with MediaFlow or ngale.
Yep this is a known Songbird bug :/ I guess we have to look on how to fix it for both.
I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 the other day and had been unable to play music using Nightingale, neither 1.8 nor 1.11. In fact, I couldn't import anything, open songs, etc. I was about to post about it this morning, but I ended up finding the problem and just got around to fixing it. The gstreamer libs aren't under /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 anymore, they're in /usr/lib/$arch-linux-gnu/, and it effects both the sb-trunk-oldxul and nightingale-1.8 branches. Fixed both branches on my fork, as well as a couple of typos, and changed a couple default urls for the sb-trunk-oldxul branch build (e.g. the extensions link in the options). Could I post a patch/diff?

Thanks
No, put in a pull request on the appropriate branch Smile ...we don't use patches here, use git!
Pages: 1 2 3 4