MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Smart Playlist with

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Smart Playlist with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

i try to write a good and understandable english Smile

I try to make a smart Playlist with the condition "Source File URL". The problem is Nightingale only accept a path with a beginning like in windows "C:\..."

I use Kubuntu and not Windows. I think Nightingale is for Linux (Kubuntu).

So can somebody help me? How can I use the condition "Source File URL"?

Thanks
Christian
(01-07-2012, 02:59 AM)christian-b23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

i try to write a good and understandable english Smile

I try to make a smart Playlist with the condition "Source File URL". The problem is Nightingale only accept a path with a beginning like in windows "C:\..."

I use Kubuntu and not Windows. I think Nightingale is for Linux (Kubuntu).

So can somebody help me? How can I use the condition "Source File URL"?

Thanks
Christian

I can't seem to find anything on the Internet that gives a good explanation of what the syntax of "Source File URL" is supposed to be, but I think that it is expecting a web URL and not a local address like "C:\" or "~/". But, Songbird doesn't seem to have a good explanation to describe "Source File URL", so I don't know for sure.
And don't worry about your English skills, most people here are not native English speakers.
Have you tried file://? It would be logic if Ngale would use the file protocol.
I would say that "Source File URL" takes a remote URL...
You might try "File Location" though.

EDIT: freaktechnik: I also thought this but it seems that "Source File URL" may only point to remote files. It didn't produce results when I entered a path there in the form file:///C:/...
Hi,

no I tried both "File Location" and "Source File URL". I could enter the path on my disk and I could klick "OK" but the playlist is empty...
(07-15-2012, 03:13 AM)kleach40 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, even with modification of file:/// and "starts with" I am still not seeing the files filtered properly.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

What OS are you on? For windows, I tried what you explained and it worked for me (e.g. starts with "file://D:/", displayed all music in D:).
For linux you probably need something like "file:///mnt/whatever" for "mnt/whatever"? Haven't tested that, though.
Just to ensure we try the same things: could you post your exact test configutation, and the exact result (e.g. don't see tracks at all, see only some tracks, etc.). Also please ensure you're running Nightingale 1.11 or later (e.g. a 1.11.1 testing build) and tell us what build you're using.