MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - PPA or .deb file?

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: PPA or .deb file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ubuntu user and all-around Linux newbie here. When can we expect a PPA or .deb file so the non-compilers can try out Nightingale?

As someone who recently left Windows behind for good and lamented the loss of Songbird, I'd also like to thank you guys for doing this. Looking forward to experiencing the fruits of your labor.
These work on Ubuntu as well as Debian.
i386: http://github.com/downloads/Ezekiel000/n...4_i386.deb [updated 10/01/12]
amd64: http://github.com/downloads/Ezekiel000/n..._amd64.deb [updated 10/01/12]

There is also a PPA in progress by durruti.
Much obliged. Downloading as we speak.
It's great there is already a .deb.

Thanks a lot.
I think this has been taken up before, but I think somebody should make an official PPA, or maybe even seperate repo so there can be support for Debian too. The best would be to get into the official repos, but maybe that should be taken later when 1.9, or at least a stable version of 1.8 is out. I can help maintaining this as I use Ubuntu a laptop I've got. Arch is my main distro though, so there might be other persons here that are better suited for this task.
I've updated the debs above.
Thanks a lot!
Is this the last version?
I installed the .deb package but it don't works! Appears the icon in my menu (I use Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot with Unity 2-D), i click on then but nothing happened. Help!
If you type 'nightingale' into the terminal, it might tell you what is going wrong.
(02-08-2012, 07:25 AM)Ezekiel000 Wrote: [ -> ]If you type 'nightingale' into the terminal, it might tell you what is going wrong.

This message appears:
siriox@Remus-Pc:~$ nightingale

(nightingale-bin:3842): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large
siriox@Remus-Pc:~$

Hmm that's not helpful, it's not throwing out any errors before crashing (the gdk warning can be ignored).
I'm afraid I can't help you (I'm not a programmer) but if you PM ilikenwf he might know how to get it to tell you what’s wrong.
Pages: 1 2