MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - about:me

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: about:me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it's probably time for me to introduce myself for those who don't know me.
I started developing a Songbird theme in May 2008, when Songbird was still very young. It was the iTunes feather.
Later I started porting Firefox addon, some more, some less usable (think of the Tetris addon :-) ). Later I learned to code addons myself. The first addon i created was the LibMover addon which lets you move an existing library from one place to another without losing playcounts or ratings.
Later, a friend and I decided to create something big which we could sell (we were impressed by the YouTube-Google deal back then and wanted to do the same). More as a joke, I suggested to create an application which lets users download music with one click, with access to as many songs as possible.
My friend wasn't that convinced, but I started coding nevertheless. Like this, I created the ExtendedLibrary addon for Songbird. The idea was that, if you don't have a track in your local library, you can listen to it on the net.
ExtendedLibrary was quite a success and so I decided to create a standalone application out of it. I wasn't much interested anymore in Songbird since no developer answered questions me or users asked, there were no cool changes and finally Linux support was stopped.
At the same time, some people around GeekShadow and Auzy started the fork. But the development was painful. Everyone wanted to do something, but there were few people with the knowledge to do something. Finally, when Auzy stepped back, I sadly lost my confidence in the fork, and the blog posts appearing from time to time weren't that promising.
Anyway, when I heard that the Nightingale was singing again a few days ago, I was very happy to hear of the good news and decided to help.
This is how I came back, and I have some plans:
  • Renew ExtendedLibrary: When a user searches in his Library and no results are found, Nightingale asks the user whether he wants to see the results on the internet. Everything is in the Nightignale window, the user won't notice that it's not _his_ library.
  • Use Windows 7 features: Windows 7 has some nice taskbar-preview features, including progressbars in the taskbars or buttons below the window preview. I want to use that in Nightingale
  • Better cloud service integration: See the other social media posts in this forum...

Btw, I'm currently doing a Bachelor in Computer Sciences and I live in Switzerland (GMT+1), if you ever want to contact me in the IRC chat :-)
Otherwise, write something on Twitter, I have the same username there.

May the force be with you.
It's great to have you on board! Whatever you can help with would be much appreciated.
+1