MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Yes, a user.

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Yes, a user.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I lack in programming skills I can at least make up in paying attention and filing bug reports.

What I like about Nightingale is that (at first glance) it looks simple. I've long wondered why a program that plays music needs to be more complex than MS Word.

I've wandered through a variety of players, ranging from Winamp (still my fallback) to iTunes (which I really dislike) to Banshee and a couple of others on Ubuntu.

Ultimately I want something that's as easy as back in days if LP Records: Find an album (or a 45 single) on the shelf. Put it on the turntable. Play it. Somehow most media players seem to work very hard to make things a heck of lot more complicated.

FWIW I've got many years of DOS, then Windows behind me, a three year detour into Apple, and am now very happy with Mint Linux on my PC.

Barry

ps: Yup, arrived here via slashdot.
Welcome!

We always need more people to find bugs, so we can call in the exterminators!
Thanks for your feedback and welcome to Nightingale! Smile
It would be great if you help finding and reproducing bugs (note: bugzilla isn't set up yet - up to then you can post your bug reports at the github issue tracking system), and maybe writing some articles for the wiki?!