Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Possible to sync in dual-boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Is it possible to sync playlists between the two? Manually exporting and importingĀ or automatically doesn't matter, as long as it isn't manually adding songs to the playlist in each version separately.
(04-03-2016, 10:13 AM)saxyomega90125 Wrote: [ -> ]I dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Is it possible to sync playlists between the two? Manually exporting and importingĀ or automatically doesn't matter, as long as it isn't manually adding songs to the playlist in each version separately.

In theory you could build around a shared profile, with rewrites on each startup fixing the different file paths. However, that would be quite an amount of work...

For the songs, a common watch folder would be enough. Playlists are indeed an issue; if you have static ones you could cheat by using .html link collections to all files (they are then parsed as web playlist, even if they are on the HDD), but that is not intuitive for regular users I think, and editing from NG is not possible.

Less automated, you can export any playlist as static one using the synchronization feature, and there is a playlist import add-on. You could wipe your library on one of the OSes, and always import the static version (File|Import a playlist).