MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Smart playlist condition: # of tracks per album

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Smart playlist condition: # of tracks per album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know how possible this would be, but I would like to be able to create playlists of full albums or of EPs. So if an album had 7 or more tracks, it's an album; if it's 5 to 7, it's an EP; and if it's less than 5 it's a single.

This way I could filter to only albums, only EPs and so on. Would it be possible to add this criterion to the playlist?
So essentially expose the number of tracks field to the smart playlists? Because that's the only reliable source for album size and we already have that field, though I'm not sure it's indexed in the DB at the moment.
freaktechnik, I'm not sure how that field works. But if you have two tracks off a live double album in your collection, even if the songs you have are track 12 and 13, you don't have an album there. So the way I'm envisioning it, this wouldn't show up in a smart playlist as an album.

If the field you're talking about calculates the number of tracks in an album, and this is different than 'track number', then we're talking about the same thing.
The field doesn't calculate anything. It's only saving the amount of tracks on an album ("album size"). Calculating the size of an album with respects of how many tracks of it are in your library is pretty much impossible without compilations or Album Artist trickery. There are also other edge cases. I've looked into this a lot for MediaFlow and there is no absolute solution to have a definition of "Album" that satisfies everyone.
So, is 'album size' a tag that's embedded into every file that belongs to that album? How does it find the amount of tracks on an album?
(12-31-2015, 03:08 AM)3×5 Wrote: [ -> ]So, is 'album size' a tag that's embedded into every file that belongs to that album? How does it find the amount of tracks on an album?

Yes, it's a tag that has to be manually set, like all other tags. Like there's a tag for the amount of discs of an album (since strictly speaking the track number is per disc and the disc number is per album).
I see. I think it would be nice to have either an add-on, or a value set in about:config, that exposes all possible tags to the front end. I would like to edit metadata and have as many tags as nightingale can possibly recognize. Same with smart playlists.
These two tags are already editable. There's also an advanced tab coming that will allow you to edit all editable fields in the database. And there's work I should complete for an overview of some notable read-only tags.
EDIT: I thinkt here already is an about:config pref to show an earlier version of the advanced tab.

I don't know the smart-playlist logic well enough to know how easy it would be to add new fields.
(01-01-2016, 03:13 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]These two tags are already editable.
I see it now. under metadata, it has track number, then a slash, then the total number of tracks. I'm sure, theoretically, it would be possible to update this value based on the number of files related to a given album, but I'm afraid that's probably beyond me.

(01-01-2016, 03:13 AM)freaktechnik Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I thinkt here already is an about:config pref to show an earlier version of the advanced tab.

I see it: songbird.trackeditor.enableAdvancedTab. This exposes two new fields: source and keywords. I don't know what source is, but keywords could be very useful for cross-categorization. Source might be a good place to list the record label.
Source is set for tracks downloaded from websites within Nightingale. So it's a tag indicating where the file has been downloaded from.
Pages: 1 2