MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Smart playlist condition: # of tracks per album

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Smart playlist condition: # of tracks per album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-01-2016, 03:59 AM)3×5 Wrote: [ -> ]I see it now. under metadata, it has track number, then a slash, then the total number of tracks.

Iirc the format "number/totalnumber" for track and disk numbers is internally splitted into its two components. For file types supporting both fields, it is then stored properly. So this is indeed the field you're looking for.

(01-01-2016, 03:59 AM)3×5 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure, theoretically, it would be possible to update this value based on the number of files related to a given album, but I'm afraid that's probably beyond me.
As freaktechnik said, your assumption is false. The number of tracks in an album cannot be determined from an arbitrary set of tracks. The only reasonable method is manually adding this information (either directly or by using some third party source of manually entered data, such as cddb, musicbrainz or discogs).

For your individual library it might be possible to use other means (for example, if you can guarantee that your library contains at least the last track of each album, and albumartist and album title are both set and, in combination, unique), but it would not be reasonable to assume such conditions for all users of Nightingale.

I cannot add anything to freaktechnik's statement about smart playlists: I also doubt there is an index right now, but I'm unsure - so it is unlikely that this will become possible soon. You could, however, use some third party tool to export the number of tracks and/or the album/ep/single categorization to some other field you do not yet use (such as comment), and then filter based on that.
rsjtdrjgfuzkfg, thank you for that very thorough response.
Pages: 1 2