MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Nightingale through Jack

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Nightingale through Jack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I think I asked this before on IRC, so I apologize if I'm being redundant. I'm running Nightingale on Ubuntu. I also sometimes run Jack and qJackctrl, and I would like to be able to play back Nightingale when Jack is running. How do I do this?

Thanks!
Nightingale uses gstreamer0.10. The gstreamer0.10 from your system. If there is a way of making that gstreamer output to jack then that's your solution, if you'd have to modify the gstreamer pipeline (which sounds like something that shouldn't be needed, unless we don't use a generic output element for our pipe), it'd require a custom build, because our pipe is hardcoded.

Edit: quick and rough research on the internet shows, that you should be able to change the target audio output to jack without Nightingale doing anything. Except if our pipe does bad practice stuff Wink
Thanks, freaktechnik. Is this what you found online?

http://www.jackaudio.org/faq/gstreamer_via_jack.html

Because that would divert all audio through jack, and I was hoping there was a way to just push nightingale through, and only when jack is running.
Nevermind, I figured it out for ubuntu:

Install pulseaudio-module-jack.
Install pasystray (pulseaudio system tray)

Start jack.

run:

pactl load-module module-jack-sink
pactl load-module module-jack-source

Pulseaudio now can route through jack. Using the pulseaudio system tray, you can select jack as your default sink, or go to playback streams > nightingale and choose jack.