Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Hide the display panes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I want to disable *all* the display panes, and by disable I don't mean hide the slider off to the side, I want the sliders gone too. I want to see only what is displayed within the main frame.

So far I can't find any way to accomplish this.

I've checked out "about:config" and see there are options for:
songbird.displayPanes.displaypane_contentpane_bottom.isHidden
songbird.displayPanes.displaypane_right_sidebar.isHidden
songbird.displayPanes.displaypane_servicepane_bottom.isHidden

Their values are defaulted to 0, so I figured if I changed it to 1 the panes might disappear, but they don't, and the values get reset when I close and open the program again.

I'm really hoping you can tell me that what I want to do is possible...
(09-26-2015, 11:04 AM)antnythr Wrote: [ -> ]I want to disable *all* the display panes, and by disable I don't mean hide the slider off to the side, I want the sliders gone too. I want to see only what is displayed within the main frame.

I'm not aware of any configuration option that completely hides a display pane. Technically, it is possible to completely hide them both from a feather or an add-on, although I don't know one that actually does that. If you are only concerned about screen space occupied, there is a netbook mode of simplyBlack that will change the layout of the main window in many ways, including reducing the size of the grips for each pane (but it does not remove them completely as you wish).
(09-27-2015, 09:13 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2015, 11:04 AM)antnythr Wrote: [ -> ]I want to disable *all* the display panes, and by disable I don't mean hide the slider off to the side, I want the sliders gone too. I want to see only what is displayed within the main frame.

I'm not aware of any configuration option that completely hides a display pane. Technically, it is possible to completely hide them both from a feather or an add-on, although I don't know one that actually does that. If you are only concerned about screen space occupied, there is a netbook mode of simplyBlack that will change the layout of the main window in many ways, including reducing the size of the grips for each pane (but it does not remove them completely as you wish).

Thank you for the response.

The simplyBlack theme is nice. Not quite what I'm looking for, but it's about as close as I think I can get (unless I learn how to create a feather).