MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Ratingfile Crash

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Ratingfile Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(09-05-2015, 05:23 PM)Steveharry Wrote: [ -> ]Using Windows 10, I did not see any error messages, came to 99% crashes, and to exit from Nightingale I have to close the process through Task Manager. Ratingfile creates a file, but is 0 kb ....

If you need to close Nightingale through the Task Manager, it did not crash (but hang). You should see messages in the error console for each file processed (you have to open the error console before starting RatingFile, and place it somewhere on the screen where you can actually read it). If you do not see any messages at all, you probably did not enable the debug mode correctly. Open about:config and verify that the value of extensions.ratingfile.debug is still true.
(09-06-2015, 02:10 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 05:23 PM)Steveharry Wrote: [ -> ]Using Windows 10, I did not see any error messages, came to 99% crashes, and to exit from Nightingale I have to close the process through Task Manager. Ratingfile creates a file, but is 0 kb ....

If you need to close Nightingale through the Task Manager, it did not crash (but hang). You should see messages in the error console for each file processed (you have to open the error console before starting RatingFile, and place it somewhere on the screen where you can actually read it). If you do not see any messages at all, you probably did not enable the debug mode correctly. Open about:config and verify that the value of extensions.ratingfile.debug is still true.

ratingfile up to 99% and then no further more, there are no error messages in the error console and the last message is RatingFile: Append mediaitem node to main node.

The value of extensions.ratingfile.debug is true.
(09-07-2015, 02:03 AM)Steveharry Wrote: [ -> ]the last message is RatingFile: Append mediaitem node to main node.
Strange. There is not much going on between this message and the next one...

Just to eliminate that issue: do you have a large (>10k tracks) library? Maybe the XML document is becoming too large for Nightingale to handle...

I'll try to remember this thread for when I have a tiny bit more time, maybe some exception is thrown but not displayed in the error console; I'd need to update RatingFile to explicitly handle exceptions. Feel free to bump me again in roughly a month, if I fail to do so.
(09-10-2015, 01:21 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]I'd need to update RatingFile to explicitly handle exceptions.

Can you try again with the attached version? Again, open the error console to see debug output. In theory, this version should not hang and display some message starting with "FATAL:" in the error console. I'd need the message after the "FATAL:" in order to fix the issue.
(10-07-2015, 12:29 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2015, 01:21 AM)rsjtdrjgfuzkfg Wrote: [ -> ]I'd need to update RatingFile to explicitly handle exceptions.

Can you try again with the attached version? Again, open the error console to see debug output. In theory, this version should not hang and display some message starting with "FATAL:" in the error console. I'd need the message after the "FATAL:" in order to fix the issue.

Are you still on this? Because I got the same error and can't resolve it. I followed the steps you described and used the debug-version of you add-on, the FATAL-line I get is this:

"RatingFile: FATAL: InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted"

This always happens at 99% of the export.

Thanks
(09-29-2016, 07:47 AM)jwindman Wrote: [ -> ]"RatingFile: FATAL: InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted"

This always happens at 99% of the export.
Hm. Seems like your library is very big and some XULrunner limits are too low, or you found a bug. What's the line immediately before the FATAL output?
Thanks for your reply. It seems that the error occurs shortly before the file should be written, judging from the log all ratings have been collected, but the last step cannot be finished.

Here are the last entries of the log:
- RatingFile: Create and append standard nodes
artist: (...)
- RatingFile: Append mediaitem node to main node
- RatingFile: Append main node to DOM tree
- RatingFile: Opening file to write: D:\ratings_20160929.xml
- RatingFile: Generate XML String
- RatingFile: FATAL: InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted

My library holds about 43k of files, D:\ has enough space (>150GB).
(09-30-2016, 05:56 AM)jwindman Wrote: [ -> ]- RatingFile: Generate XML String
- RatingFile: FATAL: InternalError: script stack space quota is exhausted

My library holds about 43k of files, D:\ has enough space (>150GB).
Could you try the attached version?
Export works now, thanks very much!!
(10-02-2016, 10:44 PM)jwindman Wrote: [ -> ]Export works now, thanks very much!!

You should – just in case – verify that importing works as well before relying on this version; in my tests it worked without issues, but the XML generation code has been altered and I only tested about 2 ex- and imports with my main configuration.
Pages: 1 2 3