MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Nightingale Forums - Playlists have vanished

Nightingale Forums

Full Version: Playlists have vanished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been using Nightingale for a long time, and constructed all my playlists and smart playlists within Nightingale. I opened up Nightingale one day to find that all the playlists (of both kinds) were gone.

I've searched both the Nightingale program files and the roaming data in the Users folder, but can't find anything that looks like a file extension name that I could try and re-import into Nightingale.

Where would I find the playlists that Nightingale creates? Does anyone know what might have caused this problem and how I might reverse it? Could it be an update of some kind?

In the event that it might be an addon update, I'll include a list of them that are currently running on my Nightingale.

Thanks.

Version: Nightingale 1.12.1
Addons: Last.fm 1.0.11.2454 ; Last.fm Album Art 1.0.4 ; lastfmSidebar 1.3.15 ; MLyrics 1.3.5Song Notifier 0.6.4 ; SoundCloud 1.0.3+dev-201303280131
(08-30-2015, 07:48 AM)flane Wrote: [ -> ]I opened up Nightingale one day to find that all the playlists (of both kinds) were gone.
Sounds scary. Any messages in the error console (Tools menu)?

(08-30-2015, 07:48 AM)flane Wrote: [ -> ]I've searched both the Nightingale program files and the roaming data in the Users folder, but can't find anything that looks like a file extension name that I could try and re-import into Nightingale.
Where would I find the playlists that Nightingale creates?
Playlists are a part of your library, and thus stored in the library databases ("main@library.songbirdnest.com.db" in the "db" folder within your profile). It is not possible to import databases into another profile automatically, although it should be possible to do so manually (that is a theoretical option, messing with the library is no fun at all).

(08-30-2015, 07:48 AM)flane Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what might have caused this problem and how I might reverse it? Could it be an update of some kind?
I'm not aware of a working add-on updater (as we lack the founding and time to set that up), and there has not been a core update. 1.12.1 is old, but the most recent stable version.

I have no idea what could be wrong. Are you by chance familiar with databases? If so, can you check if each of the following statements yields output (the format is sqlite3):
Code:
SELECT * FROM media_items WHERE is_list = 1;
SELECT * FROM simple_media_lists;
The first line should yield a line for each playlist, the second one a line for each entry in any simple playlist. If both result in something empty, the data is gone (although properties of dynamic playlists may have survived somewhere). If there is something, chances are that you are facing a problem either while opening / reading the library or while displaying the playlist UI.